Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2006 1:43:35 PM EDT
I have been looking around this and some other forums and It seems that people have some good things to say about Yukon products.  I found a pair of 2x24 Gen I binoculars for $300, new.  It seems like a good deal for them.  Any opinions?  My mom has me looking for a NVD for my dad to watch deer at their house after sundown.  That is the extent of the use for them.  Distance will be about 40-60 yards.
Link Posted: 12/14/2006 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of all of the Gen 1 units i've bought, the Yukon Binocs are the only ones that i can say are useful.  I ditched all my gen 1 units exept the Yukon Binocs.  They aren't as good as a gen 2 but for a Gen 1 they are as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I got them today, 250 tax and all.  We'll see tonight.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck...

From what I've heard Yukon gen1 is the least shitty of them for comercial stuff.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I just got in from using them, not totally dark outside but i was impressed. This is my first experiance with an NVD and now I am afraid to try gen 2  from what everybody is saying.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]

From a purely optical standpoint, the Yukon stuff I have examined has been high quality.  I have a spotting scope made by them.

Unless I'm mistaken, they're still a Russian company, and the Russians have a good history of making high quality optics.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Optically they seem nice except the left Eye doesnt focus as well as the Right.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
It could be a variance in tube peformances or your eyes. You need to focus the diopter adjustments for the sharpest image using both your eyes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I just broke out my Yukon binocs. I have 2 high end gen 3 NOD's and you want to know something? They (the Yukons) aint bad. This is why i kept them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It could be a variance in tube peformances or your eyes. You need to focus the diopter adjustments for the sharpest image using both your eyes.

I did that, the left eye still won't focus as sharp at the right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It can be one of two things. The variance in tube peformances or your left eye diopter adjustments. Let me ask you this. When you focus the left diopter adjustment do you have to go all the way in either direction to get it to maximum focus? If so that's probably your problem, If not your left tube isn't as good as your right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It can be one of two things. The variance in tube peformances or your left eye diopter adjustments. Let me ask you this. When you focus the left diopter adjustment do you have to go all the way in either direction to get it to maximum focus? If so that's probably your problem, If not your left tube isn't as good as your right.

No I'm not maxing out the diopter adjustment for the best focus.  it is just "soft" to use the photography term.  Its not a big deal and you cant really notice it when using both eyes.  The right tube is very sharp.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its not a big deal and you cant really notice it when using both eyes.

That's all that really matters. Focus both diopters to get the sharpest image with both eyes. Enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top