Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 7:44:37 AM EDT
Im probably going to buy some type of weapon mount for my PVS 14 I just purchased from Victor.  While Im on the subject it is a perfect tube and Victor was awesome.

Back on topic, I am leaning toward Larue mounts.  Ive alredy got an Eotech (AA model) mounted to my A4 upper.  If I got the LT-110 Eotech mount would I need to get the Larue LOW or HIGH mount ring?  Since the LT110 has the raised section of rail behind the EOtech will a LOW still clear my BUIS (its a Midwest Industries if that helps)?

Also, would anyone recommend another mount such as GG&G, ARMS etc?  I definitely need some sort of riser to get my Eotech moved forward a little so I have room to mount the PVS 14.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I did find a pic of one of the Larue mounts on the EE.  Looks like the Low PVS 14 mount would probably work out with this particular Eotech mount.  The pic is from mstn.biz

http://mstn.biz/images/Larue/LT110.jpg
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the PRI.  About the only downside is that it mounts to the same location as the J-mount, so one must be removed to use the other.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I decided to go with the Larue mounts.  I got my PVS ring today, but Im still awaiting my Eotech riser.  I can say the ring is a nice looking piece, mounts rock solid to the rail, and securely holds the PVS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like the PRI.  About the only downside is that it mounts to the same location as the J-mount, so one must be removed to use the other.

yeah an easy solution is to simply buy two PVS 14s... or better yet a set of goggles...

Ok I will shut up now.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, maybe I can just tell my wife that the second set is for her to use.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like the PRI mount, and the fact that it's adjustable means it is compatible with any other gear.  It is expensive, and unlike the LaRue Tactical mount you can't leave the helmet mount arm attached to it.

You decision depends also on what other mounts you use.  I use the ARMS/Cantilever mount on the Aimpoint and a SAMSON Flip Mount for a 3X Magnifier in place of the PVS-14 for day use.
And if the ARMS throw levers ever loosen up I can replace them with LT 17 & 17S replacement bases if I elect not to send them back to ARMS.

However, I really like the GG&G setup also, as you can easily switch the 3X and the PVS-14 on and off the same base.
And the LT mounts for both the Aimpoint/PVS-14 are also superb.

It seems, for tactical use, a SAMSON Flip Mount for the PVS-14 would also be valuable as it is for the 3X magnifier. For instance, transitioning from dark outside to illuminated inside.

Of course, if you get an IR laser, this is all immaterial as then the helmet mount is the way to go, but I still like the option of mounting the PVS-14 on the weapon or weapons.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top