Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:15:41 AM EDT
I bought the excellent D740 from Vic last December, it's a great piece of gear but because I travel light, I usually leave bulky equipment behind (it isn't that bulky, but I'm used to PVS14 size scopes).  I asked Vic if I could trade it for either a PVS14 or MUM. Not surprisingly Tactical Night Vision (Victor) was happy to oblige, I received world class service and a great deal, a MUM with tons of accessories all in a few days of my first email to him.
If you're in the market for NOD and NOD accessories, you can not find a better company to fill your needs

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Duffy, does anybody go through NV equipment faster than you?   Just kidding, LOL.

I'm patiently awaiting my D-760 myself and I'm sure it will be great.

How is the MUM, I have only had one chance to look through one and I will have to admitt, it was such a good tube that I would almost consider the lack of variable gain a non-issue.  
It seemed almost as useable as my ITT PVS-14 in an urban environment due to it's auto brightness and excellent halo performance as well as superior signal to noise ratio.

It actually had me wondering if I made a mistake buying a PVS-14 instead of a "hand select" MUM, however I would be more interested in upgrading to a "hand select" PVS-14a or whatever it's called when available.

That rifle sure looks great!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol I did keep the one I got from Pete for almost 2 years
I love the MUM so far, I like the looks of the PVS14 more but it's but a matter of appearance and taste, the  ridges of the day light filter reminds me of Reese's Cups, the broad ridges on the body that make holding it by hand easier than the PVS14, it's smaller and lighter, uses a single 123 battery
I do miss my PRI mount for the PVS14 though, but the new MUM mount is pretty cool, I never did adjust the height on the PRI mount once it's set anyway, I hope someone will make a QD mount for MUM one day.

The tan SF M900 I got has IR nav LEDs, haven't tried it outdoors at longer distances yet, but indoors they work well.  I'm gonna replace the VITAL2 with a PEQ2, the IR laser isn't very bright out too 500yds or so
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't even know they offered it with IR nav lights!
Cool!  Is it a special order item or did you have it custom made?  
I may have to reconsider that model for my MRP.

Any info would be appreciated.

Edwin
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I got it from eBay  At less than $400, it was a great deal, it's one of the M900 models but I can't find it on Surefire's web site  I don't see the tan model on it either.
I'm sure either C4Grant or Brightflashlights can help you out
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top