Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 11:33:56 PM EDT
So, my form 1 came back the other day.  I am wanting to get the tube engraved.  As I understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but the depth needs to be .003" correct?  Also, I plan on having it cerakoated after it's engraved, should I have it engraved at .004" to accommodate this? Also, since I don't have the form in front of me currently, what should i engrave on the tube?  Single line, or multiple lines?  And lastly, who is the go to place online that the most people are using for their engraving services?

The tube is a Diversified Machine titanium 1.5" diameter and 7.6" long
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I was planning on the engraving to be similar to this:

XXX TRUST
City, State
Model: SOCOM762
CAL: 7.62
SN: XXX0001

Or

XXX TRUST     City, State
Model: SOCOM762        CAL: 7.62
SN: XXX0001
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on who you send it to for engraving. I've had some done by line, so I would go with the three line example. Others charge one fee for everything you want on it with prices more even across the board.

Either way the three line example looks cleaner to me, but whatever makes you happy.

ETA: I have gone through Veritas Machining LLC for the bulk of my NFA engraving. They also offer a .mil/leo discount if you talk to them nicely!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious why you are engraving a suppressor.

Duh, never mind. I'm assuming this is a 'home-made' suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, form 1 suppressor
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry no help OP. 

But it heres a video of my partner marking a can. If you notice you'll see he didn't tighten the chuck down and it slips at the end and fucked up the mark 

https://youtu.be/se-S6UjQkeA
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry no help OP. 

But it heres a video of my partner marking a can. If you notice you'll see he didn't tighten the chuck down and it slips at the end and fucked up the mark 

https://youtu.be/se-S6UjQkeA
View Quote
dang, that would suck!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Not having much luck, one place just quit engraving.  Another only did etching.  One place can do it, but the price is $87 (70 for the service and 17 for return shipping) so that would be $100 all said and done.  Is there anywhere that is around $50?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone used PrecisionGunEngraving ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Go over to the Form 1 Suppressor boards and look up user Unknownpro.  He does laser engraving and is a really good value for the work he does.
His turn around is really fast also.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I just mailed off a Remington 870, an AR-15, and two cans to Tar Heel State Firearms in NC.

$30/each, $15 flat rate return shipping. Reviews around the webs typically indicate that they do the engraving same day the items are received.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Tar Heel State Firearms. They just did 4 tubes and a lowers for me. More than happy with the results.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Another vote for Tar Heel State Firearms. They just did 4 tubes and a lowers for me. More than happy with the results.
View Quote
+1 for THSF if you trust shipping your item.  For thing that I'd have difficulty replacing, I use a local guy.  But THSF is cheap, quick, great quality.  That rare when you get all 3.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1 for THSF if you trust shipping your item.  For thing that I'd have difficulty replacing, I use a local guy.  But THSF is cheap, quick, great quality.  That rare when you get all 3.
View Quote
OK, I have lots of Form 1s but none for silencers.

At what point does the "tube" become a NFA item?  If I ship a tube for engraving, and it gets lost, can I ship another tube?

If the engraver does his thing and the tube gets lost in the return shipping is it a silencer?

I've never worried about lowers, because they are cheap and without a short barrel, they are just a Title I firearms.

Just being curious.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Tar Heel State Firearms did mine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just mailed off a Remington 870, an AR-15, and two cans to Tar Heel State Firearms in NC.

$30/each, $15 flat rate return shipping. Reviews around the webs typically indicate that they do the engraving same day the items are received.
View Quote
Got everything back. Super happy with the work. Shipped to him on a friday, he got it monday, and it was back out the door tuesday morning on it's way to me.

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I would say the tube isn't a nfa item until you make the suppressor by drilling out your end cap or baffles. I would not like the thought of a lost engraved tube with my suppressor info on it though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I went with precision gun engraving.  They were really affordable, and did excellent work.  I shipped them the tube and had it back in my hands less than a week later.  Keep in mind I had to ship it across the country.  Definetlty recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top