Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2016 10:48:33 PM EDT
My dealer did it wrong!  Argh!  It looked fishy but it's a large dealer and they have a computerized system so I assumed they knew what they were doing.  Does anyone have a correct example?

I'm not going to have the integral 22 for my Labor Day small game hunt!  Been waiting since the beginning if Feb (Feb 16 check cashed date).

Mike
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
So not a SBR that you were looking for? Sorry not sure what you were looking for since you didn't state. If a Suppressor then yep you are screwed. I would go back to the dealer and say WTF you just cost me $200 what are you going to do to make it right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a 1-stamp gun with a 22" integrally suppressed barrel.  The way the core comes out for cleaning never leaves the barrel under 16".   The dealer wrote the type up as "Rifle" and used rifle dimensions and rifle serial number (with the barrel details in parenthesis in the description).  The form is going to need major corrections.

I don't have the Form 4, I assume they mailed it back to the dealer.

More like $700 + $200 + 7 months of my time.

It's a _big_ dealer too.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Barrel >16", not a SBR. That there is a suppressor.

Does the suppressor shroud have a serial number on it? That would be the serial number to use. Iirc, the "barrel" itself is the NFA item. The rest of it is a separate non-NFA rifle.

If it helps, paper corrections happen. You didn't used to go back to the end of the line, took about a month pre-41F backlog unless you wait too long with the correction.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My dealer did it wrong!  Argh!  It looked fishy but it's a large dealer and they have a computerized system so I assumed they knew what they were doing.  Does anyone have a correct example?

I'm not going to have the integral 22 for my Labor Day small game hunt!  Been waiting since the beginning if Feb (Feb 16 check cashed date).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21431738/Operative_B.jpg

Mike
View Quote
Have your dealer start a draft eForm Form 3. He will then be able to see his inventory under the "items -> add" area and use the information in the database. Alternatively, he can simply use exactly what was on the Form 3 he received the item on.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Dealer is working on the corrections and in contact with ATF.  I hope they will allow such drastic changes in the form and not put me at the back of the line (or under 41T).  This is my second attempt at my 13th NFA item, not that I'm superstitious :)

Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top