Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2016 12:58:03 AM EDT
I scanned through the pages here and could not find the answer.

If I were to paper done a form 1 for an SBR tomorrow, what would I expect for a wait time?  And..

When would I expect my card to be charged?  At the time of receipt or at the time is approval?  This would be as an individual. First time SBR.

CLEO sign off would not be a problem if I could get it in before the 13th and am leaning that way too get in front before an influx of investigations.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Card charged by Friday. Stamp by Valentine's Day

ETA: in before the influx? missed that by about 7 months
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Your card is charged as soon as they get the paperwork.

Wait time is alleged to be 6 months and getting longer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I just called NFA branch to check on a pending Form 1 (e-filed, apparently mine they're taking their time with....)

Their wait message said the wait was still 5 months from pending to approval, so there's that. It used to be the time between cashing the check and pending was generally within a week but that seems to be getting longer too...
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
OK. Thanks guys. Will talk with my wife again about going for it. She has been somewhat on board anyway, but just needed to clear a few things up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top