Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 1:05:40 PM EDT
This is my first venture into NFA. I bought an osprey during the dawsonville sale. They sent me my serial # and receipt and the form 3 has been pending since 10/14 so roughly 3 weeks now. I know silencer shop sends off the form 4, 2 weeks or so after they send off the form 3. But I've never bought stuff from this place before and I hate to get a different serial # on the can by mistake. But if it was possible I'd like to send off the form 4 sooner rather than later. But the shop I asked if they would do something like this. And was met with a swift "no". Should I send off the form 4 with the serial # I have? Any risk to this? And what form of payment should I send when I do? Check, money order, cc info? Thanks, sorry for the long post
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Your class 3 dealer has to fill it out and sign it before you can send it off, so you cannot circumvent them and send it in yourself.  The serial number that you have is your serial number if it came off the form 3.  They don't change that number without telling you typically.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your class 3 dealer has to fill it out and sign it before you can send it off, so you cannot circumvent them and send it in yourself.  The serial number that you have is your serial number if it came off the form 3.  They don't change that number without telling you typically.
View Quote

Did not know that. Thanks. This thread is now pointless lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top