Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2015 11:06:31 AM EDT
I hope this is the proper section to post this question. I have a trust and wish to amend it to add my lower receiver to the schedule A in order to submit with form 1 for SBR. When amending the trust,  do you simply change the schedule A page, sign with new date and submit both original trust and amended page or do you have to get the trust notarized again? I guess I just want to verify the proper detailed process to amend a trust in order to add item for SBR. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Just update the Schedule A and submit the original trust.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Do I resign the updated schedule A with the original date of notarization or new date?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't need to submit forms with your updated/current Schedule A. Even though I have a ton of Class 3 items on my Schedule A, when I submit a new Form 1 or Form 4, I still just send in my original Schedule A that solely lists the bank account that I originally started my Trust with.

I personally just print off an updated Schedule A at home that I keep for myself with all of my current NFA items listed in it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a similar Schedlue A to this and just put the current date when I added it to the trust.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You don't need to submit forms with your updated/current Schedule A. Even though I have a ton of Class 3 items on my Schedule A, when I submit a new Form 1 or Form 4, I still just send in my original Schedule A that solely lists the bank account that I originally started my Trust with.

I personally just print off an updated Schedule A at home that I keep for myself with all of my current NFA items listed in it.
View Quote

This.

Even though it's ARCOM NFA blasphemy to take the simple, yet correct route.

To reiterate what AR-Ryan21 and I said:  it is not necessary to do so, so why do it?

Once again: keep it simple.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Dog piling here.  When I file a Form 1 with my trust, I just add the firearm/lower/etc. that I'm "making" to the Schedule A before I submit the paperwork.  It shows that the trust already "owns" the whatever it is.  Works fine so far.

On the other hand, if you're making a silencer, DO NOT add anything to the Schedule A until AFTER you get the stamp; you can't legally make silencers or components without the stamp in hand first.

And actually, the most appropriate place for this question would be the SBR or General Class 3 forums under Armory.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome! Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes when filing a form 1 you add the I tended lower receiver to be built on the schedule A and then get it resigned by the two witnesses, you do not need to get your trust renotarized...just make sure when you submit the paperwork that your schedule a is attached at the end of you trust...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top