Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 12:17:32 PM EDT
I am setting up a trust with me as the Settlor and Trustee, Brother as Successor Trustee, and Brother and Wife as Beneficiaries.
The question I have is if I add Bro and Wife as Trustees, do all Trustees have to sign for a Form 1, or can any Trustee sign individually?
I ask only because my Brother is a couple of hours away, so paperwork would have to be mailed back and forth.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
To answer your question:  any trustee...but the way your set-up is worded, you will be the only trustee until something happens to you...then your brother becomes a (successor) trustee.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Got it, thank you.

Now a question on engraving. The Certification/Declaration of Trust shows the name being the "Skinnywater Firearm Trust",  however farther down in the paperwork it says the full legal name of the trust is Skinnywater Firearm Trust, by Skinn Y Water, Settlor" . What has to be on the F1 and engraved?
If it is the full legal name, I am going to have more money on the engraving than I do in materials
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Skinnywater Firearm Trust is the name of the trust.  Since the trust (like a corporation) is a legal fiction and can't sign anything, an authorized person has to sign on its behalf.  A corporation does the same thing--a contract would be signed "ABC Corp, by John Doe, President".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top