Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 5:45:14 PM EDT
I have a Noveske N4 stripped lower that I am thinking of turning into a sbr. some questions

What I need:
Form 1
Finger print cards
passport photos
$200 check

Will I require a citizenship form or any other forms?

Where it asks for name and location of original mfg of the firearm, is that asking for Noveske information or for mine? I assume noveske since its just a stripped lower and not from a 80%.

What information do I need engraved into the lower reciever? If my address is required, what do you have to do when you move and now your address doesnt match your reciever?

Will I be free to travel with this or will I have to notify anybody that I am transporting the firearm? I`d think its clear to travel within the registered state but maybe not across state lines?

Ive done some looking around on here but would like this information cleared up as I dont want to make mistakes with this. Help is appreciated, thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the updated Form 1. It might have a citizenship certification section included .

Name and location for manufacturer is Noveske.

Engrave your full name as it appears on the Form 1 and city and state.

There is a separate form that needs to be approved for interstate travel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
A good place to start is here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/257740_Complete_Guide_of_how_to_complete_a_Form_1.html

When you engrave the gun, you are engraving the name and location of the maker.  When you file a form 1, you are filing a form to make and register the firearm.  As such, you are the maker.  You dont have to change the engraving if you move.

With that being said, on the form 1 you would put Noveske, grants pass oregon in 4a, and your name or the trusts name in 3b.

ETA:  and you dont have to engrave your address on the gun.  only city and state.  for example, the engraving on my guns say "Texassooner Trust  Dallas, Texas"
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure to include two copies of the Form 1, and print them double-sided.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys. Last clarification question of transport. By interstate travel that means transporting across state lines correct? Im free to travel interstate highways within my state with no other form for transport?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct, there is no issue with intrastate travel, only interstate needs a permission slip...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top