Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 2:29:25 PM EDT
Hi, everybody...

My eForm was disapproved today with the following reason:

The caliber as entered caused a technical problem causing your eForm 1 to be disapproved.  Please resubmit using only a numerical caliber.  Please do not include any letters or words in the caliber field.
View Quote

From the drop-down menu, I selected 7.62X39.  Kind of weird that it would be disapproved, seeing as how it was one of the choices.

Anyways, how do I correct this field without starting the form from scratch?  Or, do I need to start from the beginning?

Thanks, guys!

Brian
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Line though it, write just 7.62, initial and date, return and wait about two weeks for approved stamp...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Line though it, write just 7.62, initial and date, return and wait about two weeks for approved stamp...
View Quote

I don't think this is an option on an eform.  

OP I would suggest you use the "ask the experts" option on the efile site or call the ATF directly and see if there's anything that can be done.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope though.  It's also my understanding that just because something is an option in the dropdown menu doesn't mean it's acceptable.  From what I understand, a lot of those options are there because someone before you has entered them manually.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Resubmit. Send a nice note to ask the experts and if you are lucky they might just approve the new form quickly.

Caliber should be listed just 7.62
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Resubmit. Send a nice note to ask the experts and if you are lucky they might just approve the new form quickly.

View Quote

Ditto.

Except instead of Ask the Experts, you may try this. Or send it to both.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ditto.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

Thanks for this!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
And when you fill out the new one, don't worry about what's available in the dropdown. The caliber is .30 or use 7.62 and mm. The x39 just defines the cartridge.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this a common mistake?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

It has been done by quite a few people.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I won't even call it a mistake. The system botches up the forms, and instead of trying to fix it they normally send you to the back of the line.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I won't even call it a mistake. The system botches up the forms, and instead of trying to fix it they normally send you to the back of the line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

c. Caliber, Gauge or Size (Specify)

7.62x39MM

I did this on a paper one I sent in so I hope it's ok. I talked to a few members who have done multiple NFA forms as well as looked up info online for successful samples. Hopefully mine doesn't get tossed back.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

7.62x39MM
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

7.62x39MM

I did this on a paper one I sent in so I hope it's ok. I talked to a few members who have done multiple NFA forms as well as looked up info online for successful samples. Hopefully mine doesn't get tossed back.

If it does, you'll only need to line through, correct, initial and date the wait about 2-3 extra weeks...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
c. Caliber, Gauge or Size (Specify)   7.62x39MM

View Quote

With paper, you don't have to worry too much. It's a pretty quick turnaround if they send you an error letter.

I have one approved that says 300 Blackout. However, their recent stance with EForms is:

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ditto.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

I also was disapproved yesterday for using 762X39.  I immediately resubmitted  a new eForm application and paid the $200 tax again.  I then used this link and emailed Ted Clutter with a brief explanation of why I was disapproved along with my rejected permit number and my new permit number.  I sent  this email at 10:00PM and received a reply at 11:37PM.  It was my approved e Form signed by Ted Clutter with my tax stamp
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is what I did.  Just include the control number of the disapproved form and the control number of the new form in the message.  Let them know what happened and that you would appreciate it if someone could expedite the new form, and you should get an approval within a day or two.

Now the form for my SBR shows it was approved in 1 day
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Good to see I'm not the only one!!! I tried to resubmit but the pay pop up isn't working..anybody else having this problem?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I also was disapproved yesterday for using 762X39.  I immediately resubmitted  a new eForm application and paid the $200 tax again.  I then used this link and emailed Ted Clutter with a brief explanation of why I was disapproved along with my rejected permit number and my new permit number.  I sent  this email at 10:00PM and received a reply at 11:37PM.  It was my approved e Form signed by Ted Clutter with my tax stamp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

I'm so glad to hear this.  I got disapproved for putting 5.56x45.  I just resubmitted it with 223, and sent him an e-mail with both control numbers and explained the situation.  I hope this works!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

Same thing here.  Resubmitted a new form, sent the email to Ted, and got an approval an hour or so later.

I wish I knew Mr. Clutter personally.  Would buy him a beer as a small "thank you" for moving my form along.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
So I've been watching this thread because I had my form 1 get disapproved Monday. It was my first eFile and I managed to skip the address box. I sent an email last night to Mr. Clutter and I guess I'm not as special as you guys.

I wasn't impatient at all before this and now I've checked my email 87 times today and its driving me nuts. I almost wish I hadn't emailed the guy now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I've been watching this thread because I had my form 1 get disapproved Monday. It was my first eFile and I managed to skip the address box. I sent an email last night to Mr. Clutter and I guess I'm not as special as you guys.

I wasn't impatient at all before this and now I've checked my email 87 times today and its driving me nuts. I almost wish I hadn't emailed the guy now.
View Quote

Are they rejecting these only with EForms? I've always submitted the full cartridge on my prior paper Form 1's and wonder if my PAP is going to get kicked back (not disapproved, because it's paper-filed, not eform)?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are they rejecting these only with EForms? I've always submitted the full cartridge on my prior paper Form 1's and wonder if my PAP is going to get kicked back (not disapproved, because it's paper-filed, not eform)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BigWaylon's post leads me to believe that it's just eForms but I don't know for sure. I've never done a paper form 1.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a paper form approved in the last 4 months that says 300 Blackout.

You'd like to think EForms and paper forms are handled the same, but it appears that's not always the case. With paper, you're probably ok. Worst case is it'll add 2-3 weeks total to get the error letter and send back the correction.

It's crazy the rules are different...and on top of that it's different from just a couple years ago when "multi" was accepted.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's crazy the rules are different...and on top of that it's different from just a couple years ago when "multi" was accepted.
View Quote

...and it's further crazy that they give you a drop-down with invalid options.  That's just stupid.  And that the eForm system doesn't validate the input.  If they want (as their eForms bulletins have stated) a purely numeric caliber with no leading decimal, it would be trivial for the system to validate that the input is in that format, and prompt the user to correct it if not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I resubmitted on Sunday night with the correct caliber choice, sent email to Mr Clutter and had a nice email waiting for me this morning...Approved!!!! So from first submission,resubmission,approval....8 days.
My first efile form 1 took 5 months...
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#24]
So should I email Clutter back or what? How am I the only one he seems to be ignoring?

What do you guys tell him? Did me email get junked because it was from my hotmail account?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Give me a call at the office on Monday. I'll tell you how, I got one of my clients a next day approval after this exact mistake. 7seven0-900-nine175 Too much to type out on my iPad.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I had one of mine disapproved because I put my name instead of my trust name in 3b. So I resubmitted and emalied ted clutter on Tuesday and got a email last night around midnight with a approved form.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Well now I feel like an impatient, whiny, bastard. Just got my approval at 10:47pm on SUNDAY!

Sorry I cried all over your thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top