Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 8:21:10 PM EDT
I sent in two eforms about a week ago.  One of them I didnt notice the signature pages were swapped between the trust doc and the trust cert doc.  I fixed it on the next for I submitted however.
They look very similar one just says "revocable trust" and the other says "trust certification".

Does anyone know if the ATF really combs through those enough to notice something like that.

Also what should I do?  I did send an email to the ATF via the "contact" form on the eforms, gave them my control number and told them what happened.  Now I am wondering if I should of done that!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They will read through your trust to make sure it is legal, so you will want to get this corrected. Why do you have two separate documents? Scan them all into one doc and be done with it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They will read through your trust to make sure it is legal, so you will want to get this corrected. Why do you have two separate documents? Scan them all into one doc and be done with it.
View Quote

I had to scan my trust into 5 different PDF files. They only allow each attached file to be a certain size, and I had to adequately break my trust up into several PDF files to accommodate that. I don't think two separate attached documents will be his problem.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok what do I do?  If they find an error will they give a chance to fix it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok what do I do?  If they find an error will they give a chance to fix it?
View Quote

For eforms you must cancel and resubmit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
is this something worth cancelling for?  or just wait it out?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok this is odd, i can still upload files to a completed form.  I logged out and back in and the new files are still there, and the form is still in progress.  However there also a copy of the form in drafts now all the same info and files.  So now two exact copies of the form one submitted one draft both have copies of all the uploaded files.

I guess ill try to call the atf any ideas of a number person to call?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Regardless of sequential order, it sounds like the trust docs are complete and that's all that counts.

Nothing beneficial for you in pre-empting a fix for something that isn't yet broken. The time you will have lost resubmitting a new application will undoubtedly be longer than fixing the problem at their request.

Wait until they call it out, if they do at all, then fix it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Regardless of sequential order, it sounds like the trust docs are complete and that's all that counts.

Nothing beneficial for you in pre-empting a fix for something that isn't yet broken. The time you will have lost resubmitting a new application will undoubtedly be longer than fixing the problem at their request.

Wait until they call it out, if they do at all, then fix it.
View Quote

This right here. I could not have said it any better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top