Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 12:17:57 PM EDT
As the title states, has anyone gotten some form 3s back since the shutdown ended? If so, what was the timeline?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Looks like I fished my wish! Form 3 approved today!

TO: Oklahoma Dealer
SUBMITTED: 09/06/2013
APPROVED: 10/22/2013
METHOD: eForms
ITEM: TiRant 9mm
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
ive been waiting since mid august with no update...
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I got Form 3s from early September back DURING the shutdown.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be curious to hear this as well, and also when the first ones filed after they got back to work start coming back. I've got a couple from early Sept. I expected back right about the time they stopped, and a couple more that should have been filed since they reopened.
Seven weeks till the rule changes can go in to effect. I really want to beat that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I am waiting on 2 Form 3's One went pending the Aug 6th and the other Sep 16th.

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#5]
To those that replied: were they regular forms or e-forms?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
All e-forms
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a paper form-4 returned for "correction" on October 3rd (date of the letter). It was returned back to ATF-NFA (with requested correction) on the 8th but I have not heard anything else yet. IIRC it is normally a pretty quick turn around once they receive the forms corrected to their liking so I don't know what to think.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got an email from Silencer Shop this afternoon! My form 3 is approved and my TiRant 9 should be at my dealer ASAP!

Details...

Will update OP.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
That's about 3-4 weeks when you subtract out the government shutdown.

Now the real wait for my Form 4 begins. Still pumped as I get to shoot it at my dealer's range though!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC it is normally a pretty quick turn around once they receive the forms corrected to their liking so I don't know what to think.
View Quote

Word on the street is that the government was shut down for two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one come through, from 9/12, today as well. I was about to send an email inquiring about the status and noticed the email from the Silencer Shop come in.  It is exciting that I can now get in line for the long wait.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
i am waiting for one from august 7 and one from august 12 bought from silencer shop to come back to transfer to my local dealer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just got an email from Silencer Shop this afternoon! My form 3 is approved and my TiRant 9 should be at my dealer ASAP!

Details...

Will update OP.
View Quote

This is very encouraging. I've got a Form 3 from Silencer Shop to my local FFL/SOT that was submitted on 9/21. If you were at ~6.5 weeks then I've got hope I will be too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Form 3 sent in on September 10th (via U.S. mail) and approved on October 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i am waiting for one from august 7 and one from august 12 bought from silencer shop to come back to transfer to my local dealer.
View Quote

Status update:  After ending the run-around from silencershop, I called the ATF.  There is no record of the  form 3 submitted on August 7th.  The one submitted on august 12 is in "problem status".  She could not tell me what the problem status is.

Called up silencershop to tell them.  They blamed it on the gov't shutdown and said they will resubmit both via eForms.

After these two, i think I am done with NFA stuff.  Kinda stinks to have $2K tied up in such an inefficient system.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Status update:  After ending the run-around from silencershop, I called the ATF.  There is no record of the  form 3 submitted on August 7th.  The one submitted on august 12 is in "problem status".  She could not tell me what the problem status is.

Called up silencershop to tell them.  They blamed it on the gov't shutdown and said they will resubmit both via eForms.

After these two, i think I am done with NFA stuff.  Kinda stinks to have $2K tied up in such an inefficient system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't disagree with you.  I did 2 Form 1's and will be doing a Form 4 soon (hopefully) and then I am done as well.  I don't need anything else and the system pisses me off.  Hopefully the new examiners help bring it back down to < 2 months like it was in 2008/2009.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is very encouraging. I've got a Form 3 from Silencer Shop to my local FFL/SOT that was submitted on 9/21. If you were at ~6.5 weeks then I've got hope I will be too.
View Quote

and I'm right behind you. My SpecWar 7.62 E-Form 3 from Silencer Shop was submitted on 9/26. Hope to see it soon as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top