Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2013 4:43:16 AM EDT
Has anyone else recently experienced an extremely long delay from the day they bought their suppressor until it showed up at the store?  I ordered mine at the end of October and the store still doesn't have it in.
They have been telling me all along that the Form 3 is still being worked at the distributor.  Then what was weird is that at the beginning of January they told me they had gotten a new shipment in and that I could have one of those.  When I show up to do the paperwork, they say that the wrong type of suppressor showed up and mine wasn't in.  About 2 weeks ago they tell me that it's on the way and should be in shortly.  Then I call this past week and they say it's not on its way and the distributor is still waiting on the Form 3.  Has anyone else experienced these long delays?  Also, does anyone else think its weird that even though the Form 3 isn't done at the distributor, they still said that one of the suppressors they received would be mine?
Thanks,
Soflguy
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, order in October from silencer shop and it shipped to my ffl in two weeks.    From your story it sounds like they didn't have the suppressor in stock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the distributor is screwing up..

I just bought my first but I bought it straight from the manufacturer, cuts that class 3 time out
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
October, sheesh.  My brother odered a YHM QD 308 back in June.  Still hasn't shown up.
YHM said there was a 6-8 week wait on that suppressor at the time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
October, sheesh.  My brother odered a YHM QD 308 back in June.  Still hasn't shown up.
YHM said there was a 6-8 week wait on that suppressor at the time.

Same.  Ordered the HVT QD on June 4th.  Still nothing.  The store owner cant even give me an ETA (back in June he told me 1 month).

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#5]
this is why you only buy the can your dealer has in hand.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Three months is not unheard of if the distributor has one in stock to ship to your dealer. If he has to wait for the manufacturer do a manufacturing run, the wait could be even longer. I won't buy a suppressor unless the dealer has it in stock and I can put my grubby little mitts on it and inspect it before I give him any money.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like your GS is giving you a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like you need a new class 3 dealer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.
I've heard this so many times. Then I went and bought one sight unseen. Took FIVE months before it hit my dealer and I was able to get my forms submitted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is alot to be said for this, and as such I am willing to pay retail for one that is in-hand at the time of purchase.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 6:09:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup.  Here on the dealer end, my backordering SUCKS right now.

Just think of it as being not as bad as if you wanted Pmags.  

Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#12]
What are you guys having a hard time finding?
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Last summer we ordered several titanium YHM 7.62 suppressors and we were told then that it would be early this year before they would have the material available to make them.  The customers who ordered them weren't happy, but placed the orders anyway.

ETA: THEY ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It only took eight months.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#14]
My lesson that was learned,  was never to have my dealer order something that wasn't in stock.  The first time,  I think he was trying to get a group rate,  or ordered from the lowest priced distributor to get a few more bucks in his pocket,  without having one in stock at that end.  This was back when Form 4's were 4 months out,  and it was 9 months of waiting to get my can.  

Second time,  I had my new dealer order one for me.  Apparently all three of their normal distributors were out of stock,  and it took two months to get a serial for my Form 4.  

Of my other two cans,  one was in stock at another dealer,  and the other was one I ordered from an out of state dealer with one in hand,  shipped to my dealer.  This is how the purchase is going with the one I ordered today too.  

If the dealer doesn't have it,  I'm moving on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Ask who he is getting them from.

When I originally purchased my cans, the dealer I was going through was at one point dealing with AAC directly.
I placed my order in August, and come Dec, nothing was moving on his end, and I was finally able to get my money back.
I went with another dealer who gets them from Major Mal, and he called them, and was told that the Mini4's were on back order, but would be there by the end of Jan, as they were just pending transfer.
Got confirmation that they were received by Major Mal, and the Form 3 was submitted on Jan 26,
So I hope that I will see them before April..
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup

But I really think its at the distributer level, as I've had good luck with my C3 dealer on other cans ordered in.  

Either way....I understand the 'risk' involved ordering a can thats not in stock, and I've gotten pretty patient, so... It sucks but whatever.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top