Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 9:22:48 AM EDT
I am a 07 FFL if I get a class 2 can I use my suppressor I bought from my self?

Until my stamp comes in?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Presuming I understand your situation, your 07 FFL business owns the suppressor and you've purchased it personally and are waiting for your stamp to come in?  

If so, then yes, you legally possess the suppressor already via your business, so you can shoot and use it if you authorize yourself to do so.  Once your stamp comes in, you'll need to keep it separate from your business inventory, of course.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Our just keep it in your business inventory.  As long as you keep your entity current or are a sole prop, you keep the can when you give up your license.

You do need to actively engage in the business of selling NFA or ATF can get you for avoid NFA taxes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top