Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 9:00:08 AM EDT
I have 6 suppressors, and another one on order, my question here is, they have been bought from different dealers, using different trusts, I'm working on my will with our company lawer and were trying to figure out how to incoprorate them all into the same trust, without causing to many problems or having to resubmit all the forms. When originally done their all in my name, with no trustees or anything, now my wife and I are trying to get all this cleaned up, and have one trust, with the suppressors, as well as my firearms, and some other heirlooms, like my 69 Camaro, etc.  Does this make sense?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
You can add your wife to all your trusts, but the only way to get all the items into ONE trust will be to transfer them from their existing trusts to one particular trust, requiring a new tax stamp for each one that has to be transferred.  And that's presuming the other trusts allow you to dissolve them like that and transfer assets to a different trust without you dying.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Because you are transferring from one legal entity to another you will have to do a form 4 ($200 stamp each) for everything from the old trust to the new trust.  

What are the names of all the trusts?

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because you are transferring from one legal entity to another you will have to do a form 4 ($200 stamp each) for everything from the old trust to the new trust.  

What are the names of all the trusts?

MAHA

My name, my company name, and one other I cant remeber without looking at it again, what I'm doing is setting up my will, my lawyer, said these "revocable" trusts really are not the best way to go if you dont plan on selling anything, dont want to deal with any future transfers, as well as keep what ever is in it, in the family, as the "irrevocable" trust owns them, and if one of the children want to use some something, in a sense, they check it out, and by requiring all trustees to agree for a sale, than one can come in and screw the other, my middle son will dissagree just for the hell of it. I like that it takes out the whos going to get this gun, or whos going to get that suppressor, who gets the boat, my Camaro, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top