Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 11:43:31 AM EDT
I got mine taken over a year ago and lost steam with my SBR build because the distributor I ordered from took months to get me my lower. Now I was hoping to submit for the CLEO signature today but don't want to drive down there or have it turned down because the cards are too old. I'd just go ahead and get new ones but they only do it Tues and Thurs of which I work both days.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
To the best of my knowledge I have never heard of them being returned because they were old. Nothing really changes on them expect possibly your address or your name and gender if so inclined. The "checks"––fingerprint and NICS––are only valid for approximately thirty days once submitted to the FBI. The CLEO signature itself is only good for a year, so the forms need to be received within one year of the CLEO signing the forms.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I ended up just having new ones made up. The Sheriffs office where I had to drop off my forms for the CLEO signature does them daily. It was the new digital system so they only had to take the prints once and then printed 3 copies for 20 bucks. Well worth the cost to not have the application kicked back IMO.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
CLEO sig needs to be within a year of when they're submitted, generally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top