Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 7:28:51 PM EDT
Are these just as hard to get LEGALLY as a MG? Looking to build and SBR someday. Is it only filling out form 4 and the $200 tax stamp for both the suppressor and SBR???  THanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Armory tab, scroll down. there is a class 3 forum section, your answers are there most likely in the stickies.

I do believe it is a simple as a $200 dollar tax per item, a form, and an approx 6 month wait. I haven't looked into it, I think MG's are just as easy, but they are so $$$$$$ they are much less ownable for your average joe.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Two seperate forms for the SBR and the Suppressor

If you make your own SBR from a lower you have or purchase then it will be on a Form-1, not a Form-4

You may want to look here

SBR Forum

Suppressors Forum
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting a MG isnt hard and the process is the same.  If you are building, you use a Form 1.  Transfer of an existing item is Form 4.  $200 for each.  We have a forum for this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Go to the Armory tab, scroll down. there is a class 3 forum section, your answers are there most likely in the stickies.

I do believe it is a simple as a $200 dollar tax per item, a form, and an approx 6 month wait.

Like he said. One stamp per item, per transfer. Silencers and short barreled weapons are easier to get because they can be manufactured and added to the registry, unlike machine guns. Practically (not exactly,) there is a limited number of MGs on the market, making their availability limited. The market is what drives the price of MGs. Wait times depend on several things; could be a 6 week nail-biter or a 6 month pain in the ass.

Go to the Armory, and make sure to research your state laws as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top