Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2011 6:26:20 PM EDT
Long story short, I have gun trust already, but the name of my trust is ridiculously long.  I'd rather not change the name of the trust bc it would complicate a lot of things.  My question is...is there any advantage to manufacturing and engraving my own sbr versus purchasing an sbr from a manufacturer?  Thanks for any and all input.

JP
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You could just form another trust for your new SBR with a shorter name.  I personally think it is better to buy a factory SBR and not have the ugly engraving.  You can get a factory Colt from Clyde's Armory for about the same price as a Title 1 gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Long story short, I have gun trust already, but the name of my trust is ridiculously long.  I'd rather not change the name of the trust bc it would complicate a lot of things.  My question is...is there any advantage to manufacturing and engraving my own sbr versus purchasing an sbr from a manufacturer?  Thanks for any and all input.

JP

There is a lot of pride and satisfaction in building it yourself if you are into that kind of thing.  You will know how to fix it and you will probably buy a field repaid kit just because you know how to use it.

The engraving does not HAVE to be ugly.  There is a depth requirement but not a size requirement.  A good engraver can make it look great.

Just Sayin!

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
delete
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top