Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2011 9:24:35 AM EDT
I have a demo letter for a MP5 A3 post sample SMG.  Whats a ballpark price for them?  I was going to guess about 1k-1.2k.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the condition. A decent police trade in will run you about $1100-1300. One in new condition might run $1500 or so. Clydes Armory had some posted on Strum yesterday in that used price range.  Good luck Andrew.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them for $995-$1400. You can get a new one for $1600 or so. Like said above, clydes had some they just posted for $1100 or so.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
dont mean to hyjack but, why are cut up mp5's 1800 when police trade ins are 900-1000?

i want to build a semi mp5 and it kills me how much they want for kits. i wish i could just buy the post sample and cut it up myself. yeah i would probably cry doing it but at least i woudl have a chance at affording a kit. end of rant.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

dont mean to hyjack but, why are cut up mp5's 1800 when police trade ins are 900-1000?

i want to build a semi mp5 and it kills me how much they want for kits. i wish i could just buy the post sample and cut it up myself. yeah i would probably cry doing it but at least i woudl have a chance at affording a kit. end of rant.

Like most things buying individually is more expensive than a completed product (cars, guns etc) Also since post 86 samples are restricted in completed form and parts kits aren't there is a market thats willing to pay for it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

People are willing to pay for it. Why wouldn't you double your money on it if you were a dealer selling parts kits? Pay $900, cut it up, sell parts for $1800. Profit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
no i get that, and im all for making a buck (supply and demand etc) but i just wish i could find a loophole so i could get my kit for a price i could afford. i mean i can buy a vector for about 1200-1300 or a kit for 1800 and then a flat for 200 more plus 922 parts and i just wish i could build it myself. its like how me and a friend just got some century 93's because it was cheaper to get those than buy kits and build. but..... of course one doesnt work and now has to go back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top