Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2011 5:41:09 AM EDT
I submitted my second form 1 for  a SBR and it was returned today.  Part of this was my error, even though I used the same form as my first submission, with new rifle info.  My trust is in my name and I used middle initial not full name.  no big deal.

The second error noted by the examiner is that I need to get a CLEO signature approving my trust own a SBR.  Has anyone else heard of this or done this?  The examiner stated that this is a state regulation (wisconsin); however, I did not do this with my first (approved) application.

How do I politely explain that I have never done this before without jeopardizing my existing stamp?

Is the examiner correct?  I recall reading something about this before in the forum, but can not find the article now.  And if I recall correctly the permit was related to machine guns and not short barrel rifles.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
have you read thru this forum:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=51&t=199905
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
have you read thru this forum:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=51&t=199905

WTF, how does that even begin to answer his question about needing a CLEO sign off for a Trust?

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses.  I did read through that forum thread.  I have been previously approved for a stamp on a SBR using my trust.  I admit the application did not match the trust name exactly, but I used the same document that had been previously approved.  I admit that error.

I am confused how I need a CLEO signature for a trust application.  I did not need one in the past and have not heard of anyone else needing one.  I guess I am looking for advice on how to correct the problem or present it to  the examiner on the telephone.  I do not want to irritate the examiner.

Should I cross post in the hometown forum?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the responses.  I did read through that forum thread.  I have been previously approved for a stamp on a SBR using my trust.  I admit the application did not match the trust name exactly, but I used the same document that had been previously approved.  I admit that error.

I am confused how I need a CLEO signature for a trust application.  I did not need one in the past and have not heard of anyone else needing one.  I guess I am looking for advice on how to correct the problem or present it to  the examiner on the telephone.  I do not want to irritate the examiner.

Should I cross post in the hometown forum?

Thanks

Found the link to your Hometown forum, that is talking about the CLEO letter for MG.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=442534

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Shermantor-

Thank you for your ability to search the forums, apparently mine is not so good.  I knew I remember reading about it, just in the wrong place.

After reviewing the thread, it appears as though the only CLEO requirement is for Machine Guns.  Now to try and explain this to the examiner.

thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow....just...wow.

Now they want CLEO approval for SBR's as well? SOAB.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
This is interesting. Tag for update.

Jeremy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top