Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2011 12:22:14 PM EDT
I feel real sorry for anyone who bought or transferred one of these.

From NFATCA Front Page:

Many people have either voluntarily abandoned certain suspect NFA weapons to ATF or had them confiscated.  These weapons may be part of an alleged conspiracy announced in late 2010 by ATF that involved "re-manufacturing" of machine guns.  According to the ATF, the "defendants accomplished this by “harvesting” serial numbers from older machine guns, which would be destroyed, and then welding those serial numbers onto larger, more expensive machine guns that they had manufactured."  The magnitude of this scam is still being determined as a 107 count indictment unfolds.

Many of our members and others have suffered great financial harm as a result of this scam and are exploring legal remedy.  If you have been harmed and would like to know more, please contact us at [email protected].
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

From NFATCA Front Page:

Many people have either voluntarily abandoned certain suspect NFA weapons to ATF or had them confiscated.  These weapons may be part of an alleged conspiracy announced in late 2010 by ATF that involved "re-manufacturing" of machine guns.  According to the ATF, the "defendants accomplished this by “harvesting” serial numbers from older machine guns, which would be destroyed, and then welding those serial numbers onto larger, more expensive machine guns that they had manufactured."  The magnitude of this scam is still being determined as a 107 count indictment unfolds.

Many of our members and others have suffered great financial harm as a result of this scam and are exploring legal remedy.  If you have been harmed and would like to know more, please contact us at [email protected].

This involves the M-10/11 serial numbers correct?
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From NFATCA Front Page:

Many people have either voluntarily abandoned certain suspect NFA weapons to ATF or had them confiscated.  These weapons may be part of an alleged conspiracy announced in late 2010 by ATF that involved "re-manufacturing" of machine guns.  According to the ATF, the "defendants accomplished this by "harvesting” serial numbers from older machine guns, which would be destroyed, and then welding those serial numbers onto larger, more expensive machine guns that they had manufactured."  The magnitude of this scam is still being determined as a 107 count indictment unfolds.

This involves the M-10/11 serial numbers correct?

SWD M11/Nine were the ones I knew of.

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
So what can we do to not be scammed?
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So what can we do to not be scammed?

SWD did not make SAWs, BARs, M60s, Tommy Guns, etc.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like they are trying to get together a class action lawsuit against the guys who did the cutting, building, and selling but I would bet the phrase, "ain't got a pot nor a window" will fit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like they are trying to get together a class action lawsuit against the guys who did the cutting, building, and selling but I would bet the phrase, "ain't got a pot nor a window" will fit.

With 107 indictments so far I'd bet that many will cut deals in exchange for testimony.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see more people dragged into the mess.  The ones who don't end up losing everything to their defense attorneys will be BK'ed by the civil suits.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok so some FFL was buying cheap MAC 11 types then cutting the serial number off and welding it to a more expensive MG that was pretty much a post-86?   Now did he think this was legal or knew he was screwing people over
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok so some FFL was buying cheap MAC 11 types then cutting the serial number off and welding it to a more expensive MG that was pretty much a post-86?   Now did he think this was legal or knew he was screwing people over

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 3:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ok so some FFL was buying cheap MAC 11 types then cutting the serial number off and welding it to a more expensive MG that was pretty much a post-86? Now did he think this was legal or knew they were screwing people over

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I was wondering how the virgin receivers work. Do you have to make something using the square stock that was registered, or can the serial number be carried over to a new firearm?
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was wondering how the virgin receivers work. Do you have to make something using the square stock that was registered, or can the serial number be carried over to a new firearm?

Are you talking about the transferable receiver tubes someone was selling?
idk but I think you still have to be an 02 manufacturer to legally build it into a smg.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about the transferable receiver tubes someone was selling?

idk but I think you still have to be an 02 manufacturer to legally build it into a smg.

No.

If it was registered pre-86 and considered a machinegun, you don't need an 02 SOT to manufacture it into a machinegun.  It's already a machinegun as the registered receiver.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Even if your repairing a legal MG doesn't there have to be like 80% of the original receiver or something like that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I am sure the buyers are claiming they are "victims" now. Some of the claims sound like these people were waiting for the weapon to be built. When you are buying a machine gun built to your specs that is extremely rare, I think you are part of the "conspiracy".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top