Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:48:34 PM EDT
Hey guys hows it going sorry if this is the wrong area

I'm from Lubbock TX and i'm working on getting my SBR and Suppressor through a local shop that has a class 3 dealer. they are called Patriot Arms in lubbock tx.
well back in may i paid for my suppressor to be ordered through them and i order my SBR myself through BCM. The gentleman there informed me he needed my Lower serial # to submit so it could 'go through processing to be registered for multiple uppers" one of them being my SBR. well that was back in may and the registration hasnt come back yet and it seems like im getting the run around ever day. also he wouldn't submit the stamp for my suppressor because he wants to do both at the same time. HELP  are they jerking my chain!!! i know theres a ton of guys here with experience on topic. im getting frustrated, its been a 4 month run around  and my paper work hasnt even started yet it could have possible been done by now

thank you guys
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
1. You need to ask the shop if your suppressor has been ordered from the manufacturer/wholesaler and the status of its Form 3, or if it is on-site at this time.
2. What's the status of your SBR, Form 3 submitted, pending or on-site?
3. Which gentleman needed your serial number? BCM or your local dealer?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
1. You need to ask the shop if your suppressor has been ordered from the manufacturer/wholesaler and the status of its Form 3, or if it is on-site at this time.
2. What's the status of your SBR, Form 3 submitted, pending or on-site?
3. Which gentleman needed your serial number? BCM or your local dealer?

Kharn

1.The suppressor is in the shop vault and they wont do my forum until my SBR is ready so it goes at the same time
2.They are doing a Forum 4 ( i believe they are registering it in their name and then transferring it to me) the status on that is Submitted i think
3. My local Dealer needed the number from my lower i believe to register in their name?

does this process sound lengthy and stupid to you? kinda fishy
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
the guy at patriot is a jackass shoulda went to west texas something or another go to the tx htf and ask about randy
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the guy at patriot is a jackass shoulda went to west texas something or another go to the tx htf and ask about randy

Are you from lubbock? how do you know!? that entire shop is full of jackasses

Whats TX HTF?

i think i talked to the guy from "west texas something" at a gun show he said i should come talk to him

lastly do you think i should just do my suppressor through them since theyve already ordered it and they have it on sight and they cant release it to me, then just take my lower to one of these other guys?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you from lubbock? how do you know!? that entire shop is full of jackasses

Whats TX HTF?

i think i talked to the guy from "west texas something" at a gun show he said i should come talk to him

lastly do you think i should just do my suppressor through them since theyve already ordered it and they have it on sight and they cant release it to me, then just take my lower to one of these other guys?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=8

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm confused about the whole lower part? Are you building a lower to be a SBR or getting a SBR built lower with no upper? Either way I do not understand why he needed the serial number before he does the forms? I have only ordered one form 4 gun. Its still in the works but I ordered the gun over the internet to be shipped to my dealer. I talked with the saler and my dealer before doing the buy. Once I paid for the gun I asked my dealer to send off the paperwork to the saler so the form 3 could be done. Dealer gets the serial number when he gets the form 3. Done 2 suppressors but both were ordered by the dealers from the factory..again dealers got the serial number when they got the form 3. Sooooo....why did he need the serial number again?.....and he needed it to do multi uppers??
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm confused about the whole lower part? Are you building a lower to be a SBR or getting a SBR built lower with no upper?.why did he need the serial number again?.....and he needed it to do multi uppers??

this is why im confused as well? i have a complete Colt 16" rifle that i purchased a couple years ago. the lower attached to that rifle is the one im going to use with my SBR Upper the gentleman at the shop said i needed to have it registered to have multiple uppers

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Say what? Do a Form 1 your self for your colt. No reason why your upper even needs to go to the dealer once this is done. Its not hard. Tell the dealer to do the form 4 for your suppressor. I've done 2 SBR form 1s, waiting on a form 4 SBS and then a couple form 4s for suppressors. Nearly not as many as others here but have never ordered an upper and had it shipped to a dealer. I have been asked for the form 1/form 4 before somebody would sell me a NFA upper. I am really confused about what your dealer is doing now. BUT my expirence is very limited so hopefully somebody with more knowledge can give some guidence to you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
You got the shaft on the suppressor. The shop you are using is just lazy. Plain and simple. I'd tell them to get bent, ask for a refund, and take my money else where. Sure, you can send in two forms at once, but they just want to make you wait? I'd tell them to get bent, you are right, they have had your supperessor for 4 months, if you had done the form 4 paper work 4 months ago, it would likely already be yours and just waiting on the SBR to come threw. Talk with your money.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all your help guys. i'm going in tomorrow and gonna tell them to get "bent". i'm going to do the Form 1 myself, i hope the thread can walk me through it. (but if not you think you guys can help me..hopefully...maybe) since i already spent the money and its here i'm gonna have them submit my forum 3 for my suppressor !
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#12]
can't tell you anything about your delays. from the threads i see, it does take a long time for ATF to process Class III ppwk, and I wouldn't blame the FFL. how have your friends who have used these guys felt about their experience?

does texas require registration on a gun that isn't an SBR?  if not you know that's BS.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
can't tell you anything about your delays. from the threads i see, it does take a long time for ATF to process Class III ppwk, and I wouldn't blame the FFL. how have your friends who have used these guys felt about their experience?

does texas require registration on a gun that isn't an SBR?  if not you know that's BS.

It is completely the FFL/SOT's fault.
It takes what, all of 5 min to fill out a Form4, stuff it in an envelope with the FP cards and check and drop it in the mail box?
That just comes down to flat out laziness.

Good luck FR, hope you get things resolved.
(read as getting your $$ back and going somewhere else)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top