Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 4:40:43 AM EDT
I found a smoking deal on a registered SMG, they have a copy of the F4 and everything.  Only problem is the owner has died.  The heirs want nothing to do with it, so no F5 to them.  I am going to pick it up on a F4, but since the owner is dead, who signs the form?  The executor of his estate?  He died with no will.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
See TonyK's reply from last night in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I found a smoking deal on a registered SMG, they have a copy of the F4 and everything.  Only problem is the owner has died.  The heirs want nothing to do with it, so no F5 to them.  I am going to pick it up on a F4, but since the owner is dead, who signs the form?  The executor of his estate?  He died with no will.

executor i believe...

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The executor, if one was named in the will.  If no will, or no executor, then the person who the decedent's state law assigns that responsibility (usually the principle heir).  This may require consulting an attorney, or requesting guidance on who may sign the F4 from BATFE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top