Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 9:27:38 AM EDT
I am waiting on a SBR form 1.  does it take just as long to get disapproved as approved?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of someone getting disapproved.  I think basically you know if you have junk on your record and don't even bother.  If you don't, then your G2G.

I would think it would be quicker if denied, but I don't have a clue.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Basicallly takes the same time.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The wait is not a wait for them to do some super long, painstakikng background check on you. It is a wait for the 5,000 people that have applications in line in front of you. So your application sits in a pile until they get to it and it takes approximately the same time to approve or disapprove. The hand-written number at the top of the approved application is the number where that application falls in order that day (14 means 14th app that examiner did that day). For example, one of my form 1's came back from Ashton last year with 14 on it, that means that Ashton did at least 14 apps that day, but it was likely more than that. Given that information, on that day, if your examiner was Ashton your approval/disapproval would've taken a maximum of 34 minutes (assuming that 14 is all he got done that day and he works an 8 hour workday).
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Basicallly takes the same time.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The wait is not a wait for them to do some super long, painstakikng background check on you. It is a wait for the 5,000 people that have applications in line in front of you. So your application sits in a pile until they get to it and it takes approximately the same time to approve or disapprove. The hand-written number at the top of the approved application is the number where that application falls in order that day (14 means 14th app that examiner did that day). For example, one of my form 1's came back from Ashton last year with 14 on it, that means that Ashton did at least 14 apps that day, but it was likely more than that. Given that information, on that day, if your examiner was Ashton your approval/disapproval would've taken a maximum of 34 minutes (assuming that 14 is all he got done that day and he works an 8 hour workday).

thanks.  makes sense.  to clarify, I am not concered about my paper work getting denied for any other reason than I failed to fill out something correctly.  this hopefully won't happen but if I did fuck it up (form 1 SBR)  will I have to redo everything (photos, fingerprint card...) or just what I screwed up on the actuall form 1???

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If you made an error on your F1 it will be caught by the examiner and kicked back for correction.  It is then up to you to fix the error whatever it may be and get the paperwork back to the ATF lickety split (30 days and the application is invalid last I checked).  The application then goes back to the front of the line and gets approved (provided you fixed it to their satisfaction) without going back to the end of the line.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top