Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 8:01:01 AM EDT
OK, so I have three NFA items one on a Form one and two on form 4's.  How do you do the AOW? Same way?  I recall being able to have a SOT make it for you so you can do the 5$ tax stamp, right or do I still have to pay the $200 bucks. The reason I ask is because I want to add a little red stamp to my collect of green ones if I can.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, so I have three NFA items one on a Form one and two on form 4's.  How do you do the AOW? Same way?  I recall being able to have a SOT make it for you so you can do the 5$ tax stamp, right or do I still have to pay the $200 bucks. The reason I ask is because I want to add a little red stamp to my collect of green ones if I can.

If "you" are doing the form 1, then it will cost you $200.00 as "the maker". If, on the other hand, you have a manufacturer FFL (I think it's an 07 SOT) do a form 2 conversion, and then transfer it to you on a form 4, then it's only $5.00 transfer fee.
If you already own the weapon, then send it to the FFL SOT, have him do the conversion, and then he can send it back to you when the form 4 is approved.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you F1 the AOW .. you will pay $200 and get a green stamp .. If you F4 an AOW you pay $5 and get a red stamp.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to Form 4 a suppressor to get your Blue stamp.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been thinking about an AOW for the same reason, but I have not run into many cheap AOWs (and I already have an SBS so a Super Shorty's not in my plans).

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you already own the weapon, then send it to the FFL SOT, have him do the conversion, and then he can send it back to you when the form 4 is approved.

Nope.  Once it's Title II, then it must transfer via an in state SOT.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
Quoted:

I'm sure thats what he meant, it is just understood that it has to transfer through the proper channels.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks guys, Looks like I'll be looking around for an SOT!

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
Quoted:

Actually not. There is no transfer needed. It has already been transferred to him when he bought it as a title I weapon.
All that's happening is that it was registered as an NFA weapon.

I had this done myself. So I know it can be done.

I bought an Uzi. Had it in my possession (Transferred through a local FFL).

I then sent it to The manufacturer in another state. They registered it as an SBR on a form 2 and then put it on a form 4 (no work was actually done, since the barrel is removable). Once it was approved, they shipped it back to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top