Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 8:09:36 PM EDT
Like how many they need to finish per day, per week etc? I ask because it's known that some of them work at home 50% of the time, you know how that goes -

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
do they really work from home???
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC Shipman does.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn... Can I get a job from my house??
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Like how many they need to finish per day, per week etc? I ask because it's known that some of them work at home 50% of the time, you know how that goes -

Like what? No outside distractions and you can concentrate on your work?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Just picked up my can last night from my dealer.  His examiner is Ashton, Ashton told my dealer in a phone conversation he has 2000 apps on his desk and he wants to quit!  To get it to a 60 day wait they would have to be doing 30 or so a day!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Known by who?

There are ten examiners. AFAIK, Shipman is the only one to work from home sometimes. The rest are all at their desk five days a week, sometimes six (yes, forms do get approved on weekends).

As far as quotas:

Please remember that quotas cut both ways. Examiners work on Form 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's and 10's, plus 5320.20's, etc. They are assigned applications by the alphabet –– they do not just all grab off the same stack. Because this means that the workload changes with each incoming batch, they do sometimes share the workload.

If there were a quota system, you can be sure that Form 5's and 10's, fer instance, would get priority because they involve law enforcement.

And I sure wouldn't like to hear an examiner say, "I'm sorry, I can't process your Form 4 until next month –– I have met my quota for this month."

So no, to answer your question, there is no quota system.

There is a NFA Branch departmental goal set years ago to get all applications processed and approved/disapproved within 90 days. AFAIK, that 90-day goal is still in force, and does not include the time it takes for Atlanta to open the mail, deposit the fees and forward the forms to West Virginia.

HTH.

because bryon gaston from Major Malfunction said his examiner (who is female and new) works 2 days a week from home.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't care where they work from so long as it gets done faster and into my hands sooner
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just picked up my can last night from my dealer.  His examiner is Ashton, Ashton told my dealer in a phone conversation he has 2000 apps on his desk and he wants to quit!  To get it to a 60 day wait they would have to be doing 30 or so a day!

Well that's disturbing. One can only imagine how motivated he must be if he wants to quit. I think he's my examiner (letter C) and I've been pending since August 6th. The wait continues
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Andrew is also my examiner for my pending M16 RR F4 .  Been pending since September.

He has done my F4s before and they guy is simply AWESOME!!!  Always has been very fast.

I hope he is not getting too discouraged.  He has been a great examiner for me and I hope he stays that way.

Maybe he was just venting.  I too am extremely stressed at work and the "more with less" attitude seems to be the norm in today's business society.

I know somedays I want to walk out.  Today being one of them for sure.  Just swamped and getting sick of feeling like I am drowning in the office.

I hope things look up for Mr. Ashton.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Why don't the people that want to bitch, oh I don't know POST YOUR NAME so they can be sure and work on yours extra fast.

Its the federal Govt, Give them a break. Would you want someone bitching about your proformance everytime you turn around.

None of us knows what is envolved or what takes place at their office. and GOD FORBID they rushed and approved a form to someone that legally can't obtain a weapon imagine the News medias field day on that one. (that would pretty much END ALL Xfers (yes I do belive congress and the Prez would sign off on that law yesterday should that happen)

So please continue to work on them and work on them correctly.

YES I HAVE 7 ITEMS that are pending my SELF so I know the wait but hey its just a wait...

Sorry I have read so many neg things about them. and this one hit a nerve

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why don't the people that want to bitch, oh I don't know POST YOUR NAME so they can be sure and work on yours extra fast.

Its the federal Govt, Give them a break. Would you want someone bitching about your proformance everytime you turn around.

None of us knows what is envolved or what takes place at their office. and GOD FORBID they rushed and approved a form to someone that legally can't obtain a weapon imagine the News medias field day on that one. (that would pretty much END ALL Xfers (yes I do belive congress and the Prez would sign off on that law yesterday should that happen)

YES I HAVE 7 ITEMS that are pending my SELF so I know the wait but hey its just a wait...

The issue is not that there is a wait.  The issue, at least for me, is that the wait times differ so much.  I understand that they are over worked and probably frustrated etc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

you need to chill out homey!

iirc correctly, my past suppressors took about 90+ days which is very reasonable, but any of my SBR's took an additional two months longer, weird?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Were your suppressors brand new and xfered from the MFG directly to your Dealer directly to you?
were your SBRs the same or were they bounced around a bit?
Maybe more research is needed if they were bounced around to a few dealers/people before being xfered to you?
Quoted:

Quoted:

you need to chill out homey!

iirc correctly, my past suppressors took about 90+ days which is very reasonable, but any of my SBR's took an additional two months longer, weird?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top