Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2009 12:52:32 PM EDT
Sigh. After an almost 6 month wait for a Form 4 on a suppressor, my BGC FINALLY came through, and got my form approved the last week of september. Now, 3 weeks later, still nothing in the mail. Is something wonky with the ATF, or should I ride my dealer's ass to check on it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain my F4 was approved Sept 21st  and were going on 3 1/2 weeks and my stamp hasnt arrived at my dealer. Ive been calling me dealer twice a week and he assures me he'll call me when it comes in.

You have to wait 30 days then your dealer can request a certified copy.

Ive had 2 form 4's so far. The first one took 4 weeks to come in after approval, got lost in the mail but somehow got there.

like i said my 2nd one is going on 3 1/2 weeks after approval...

I have bad luck with the mail i guess
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
That scares the hell outta me.  My very first NFA transfer should have been done as of yesterday or today.  I talked to the examiner yesterday and she said she has everything she needs (I had to send something that was incomplete to her via USPS last week).  I asked the ETA and she said, "I should have this out for you today."  I don't want to be waiting yet another month for somebody to throw it in an envelope and mail it.  Especially considering this transfer has been going since the beginning of January.  I'm ready to pick my damned Krinkov up already!  

I know most postings I've read mention somebody finding out they were approved and then their dealer (or themselves, depending on how they file) within about five business days.  Par for the course for USPS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]

depends on your examiner...

there is one in particular that has a reputation for sitting on paperwork for weeks, and even months after he has approved the forms. my examiner seems to get the forms in the mail within a day or two of approving them, as i usually have them within 4 or 5 days after they are approved.

now that i've said that, i'll probably end up waiting a month for the approved forms that were signed last friday...

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sigh. After an almost 6 month wait for a Form 4 on a suppressor, my BGC FINALLY came through, and got my form approved the last week of september. Now, 3 weeks later, still nothing in the mail. Is something wonky with the ATF, or should I ride my dealer's ass to check on it?

Who was your examiner?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The goal is to get hte approved forms out the day after approval. However,, examiners are allowed 30 days to from the days from approval to get approved forms mailed.

Is your examiner Bill Shipman?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
examiner is ted clutter, and as of my conversation with him today, he told me it had been mailed the day after approval or the following monday. that was 3 weeks ago, and some members here have PM'd me about my dealer and some have told me he has a reputation of sitting on items for weeks at a time due to other work. not what i like to hear

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#7]
approved Sept 21st ,,still waiting... little over 4 weeks now
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
well looks like I've got confirmation he's had my form 4 for almost a month now, and dodging me on purpose. told a friend of mine that I was annoying him by calling him asking if he had seen the form in the mail 3 or 4 times over the matter of 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any legal recourse i have? At this point, in my eyes, he's refusing to transfer my approved suppressor
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#9]
YIKES!!! that sucks...

he's breaking the law because the suppressor legally belongs to you know now.

i'd get to where he's at and demand that he give it to you or you'll be speaking with ATF.

where do guys get off acting like this anyway??????

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen it take that long. Shippman had a couple fall between his desk and wall. That one was fun for a month or two.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well looks like I've got confirmation he's had my form 4 for almost a month now, and dodging me on purpose. told a friend of mine that I was annoying him by calling him asking if he had seen the form in the mail 3 or 4 times over the matter of 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any legal recourse i have? At this point, in my eyes, he's refusing to transfer my approved suppressor
Call the NFA branch and ask to speak to his supervisor. Firing a federal employee requires reams of documentation of non-performance.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call the NFA branch and ask to speak to his supervisor. Firing a federal employee requires reams of documentation of non-performance.

Kharn

I think it's his dealer that is sitting on the approved F4.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#13]
There's no recourse to force a seller to transfer once the stamp's approved (ATF will not get involved, you can try local police for failure to deliver on a contracted item if you have a written order or reciept), they can always send the form back to the ATF with a letter saying the transfer did not occur and they want a tax refund.  Your best recourse would be to show up during his posted business hours and ask nicely.

Sorry to say it, but he's probably having a blast shooting your toy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Please let us Texas folks know who the dealer is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Please let us Texas folks know who the dealer is.

please, I would like to know who this is also.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#17]
My form 4 has now been approved for 44 days... still nothing
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#18]
call ATF and tell them.

They will issue you a copy of the form and it at least will get you your toy.  They do this after 30 days and nothing.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top