Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:34:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking of having my Registered SBR AR Lowers Gun-Koted.  I want to send them to ADCO for this work.  My understanding is that I will need to have a 5320.20 for filled out and approved for each before I ship.  Correct?

About how long are 5320.20s taking to be approved right now?
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of having my Registered SBR AR Lowers Gun-Koted.
OK

I want to send them to ADCO for this work.
OK

My understanding is that I will need to have a 5320.20 for filled out and approved for each before I ship.
Imcorrect,, ATF 5320.20 is an Application To Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain National  Firearm Act Firearms.  You are not traveling interstate.   You would ideally XEROX  a copy of the front of the current regisitration form, and write in ink on the form what is to be done, sign it, date it..... now Steve and company has proof of registration for the lower in case ATF decides to visit, name and adress of lawfull owner for return, and in the end it is a legal repair order document.

About how long are 5320.20s taking to be approved right now?
Reports are 14 - 60 days... Get busy and print up all your forms now for your 2010 year travels, that way you have them and you are free to  travel on a moments notice, see picture   ––-

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Great info and phew.  Glad I don't need to fill out one of those to just have some refinishing done.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#3]
tag

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember this place from posts seen elsewhere ––

Arizona Response Systems
16014 West Remuda Drive
Surprise, AZ 85387
623-556-8056

Their line of "finishes",, might be a whole lot closer to you..
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Damn!  I thought you'd forgotten a dollar sign in your thread title, and were ranting about a slight overcharge incident...
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Damn!  I thought you'd forgotten a dollar sign in your thread title, and were ranting about a slight overcharge incident...

Yeah, that would have to be one hell of a finishing coat!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
My last 5320.20's (5ea) took about 2 weeks door to door.  I have always included copies of both Form 1 and 5320.20 when sending in for GS work and have never had anybody say anything (The more then merrier keeps everyone happy.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top