Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 8:36:53 PM EDT
Would you buy a transferable without seeing the seller's Form 3 or 4?  Today a dealer refused to sell me an uzi after I asked to see his Form 3. He said I was questioning his integrity. Was I wrong in asking to see it? Any other way to verify the seller is the approved transferee?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would you buy a transferable without seeing the seller's Form 3 or 4?  Today a dealer refused to sell me an uzi after I asked to see his Form 3. He said I was questioning his integrity. Was I wrong in asking to see it? Any other way to verify the seller is the approved transferee?

it's a common practice on internet deals to ask for a copy of the registration be faxed to the buyer.

If the guy was someone like Dan Shea or Denny Foutch with an existing reputation for excellence in the C3 world I wouldn't even bother .. I would trust em without question.

However I don't think its unreasonable.  I mean if you were trying to sell him a full-auto UZI .. he would be asking to see your forms first.  

Tell the dealer that you don't know him that well and he would do the same to you .. its alot of money and if he won't show you a piece of paper to help make a purchase then F' em and find a good dealer!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what kind of "dealer" this is.  Random guy with a table at the gun show?  I might want to see his forms.  Known Class 3 dealer with a brick and mortar store full of NFA items?  Wasting your time to ask for the F3.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had no previous dealings with this dealer and never heard of him prior to our meeting.  But I'm fairly new to the NFA game myself.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As a buyer I never asked to see a F3/F4.

As a dealer no-one has ever asked me to show them a F3/F4.

IMO, if you think the dealer is NOT the approved transferee, and thus has the gun illegally, you should run out of the store immediately.

There is no legal need for you to see the F3/F4. The information on it is none of your business, such as who he purchased it from.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top