Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 11:08:09 PM EDT
What will happen to our NFA items on Form 1 and Form 4 when we die? How can these items be transferred to our spouse, children over 21 y/o?

What are the steps do they have to take? (Fill out new Form 1 or Form 4, get fnger print cards from FBI, CLEO sign off..... what else?)

I don't want to sound like I am about to die. But I would like to be prepared, just in case. I want to have the proper forms ready, in my safe together with my Form1 and Form 4.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What will happen to our NFA items on Form 1 and Form 4 when we die? How can these items be transferred to our spouse, children over 21 y/o?

What are the steps do they have to take? (Fill out new Form 1 or Form 4, get fnger print cards from FBI, CLEO sign off..... what else?)

I don't want to sound like I am about to die. But I would like to be prepared, just in case. I want to have the proper forms ready, in my safe together with my Form1 and Form 4.

Thanks.

they can be transferred, tax free via Form 5, to an heir afterward. i have all the forms filled out already for each of my NFA goodies and locked up with my Form 1's and 4's, along with an explicit set of instructions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top