Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 8:17:32 AM EDT
Well,

no surprise as I know they are backed up but just checked the status on my F4 transfer on my lunch break.  Check was cashed on October 12th and it went pending November 6th and its still pending.  

Bill Shipman is the examiner.....  

I hope I have it before Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
dude, youll be pending for 6-8 weeks. Maybe more with the holidays delaying things.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah I dont doubt it nor do I have a problem with it.  I understand they are all very busy.

I guess I was wondering what Shipmans current (not past as I know that one first hand) reputation is....

has he become more efficient and sped up at all?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I just went through the tail of the old transfer time thread and only saw one shipman in the last 5 pages, and that was 62 days for a form 1.   Not bad....    But for all of the publicity that shipman gets, I'd figure there would be a few more entries in the timeline thread.

I have one pending with Flannigan, check cashed late 8/28ish and pending since 10/1.   Called today (pending for 7 weeks) and was told to give it another 2 weeks.   I took that as massively encouraging news because most guys here report back being told to check back after 6-8 weeks.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#4]
good to know
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]
One issue/perk (depending on which side you're on ) with the government is every employee earns X hours of leave per biweekly payperiod (4, 6 or 8 depending on 0-3, 3-15 and 15+ years of service) and can only carry over 240hrs to the next year.  The remainder, 'use-or-lose', always gets burned up in December. Most offices are deserted from around 15 Dec until the Monday after New Years and the new people (with practically zero leave) are left running the show.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I called and found out yesterday that Mrs Flannigan had approved my form 4 for a can on tuesday.  Its only been 91 days to approval with her.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#7]
How does one check progress on a Form 4 or a Form 1?  Is it all by phone?  I will have a Form 1 in the mail tomorrow, and (my first), and as they say "inquiring minds want to know."
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait 4-6 weeks for your form to get beyond the data entry folks and then call the NFA branch at (304) 616-4500. You will need to know the serial number and the transferor/manufacturer's name.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool!  Thanks, Kharm!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top