Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 7:57:50 PM EDT
I'm taking my lower in for engraving and need to know what is ok to engrave for my trust.

My trust is the "J***** N****** M****** Revokable Living Trust". Is it ok to abbreviate the name of the trust JNM RLT, or does it need to be spelled out? I'm a bit confused by this, so please help me out. Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, you do not need to put 'revokable' or 'living', just the name of the trust and the word 'trust'. RLT is not an approved acronym.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IIRC, you do not need to put 'revokable' or 'living', just the name of the trust and the word 'trust'. RLT is not an approved acronym.

Kharn

I just received back my F1 and I had put RLT on it and it was approved. Talked to NFA people a little while back and was told that most do not use RLT, but the NFA people do know what it means.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kharn

So do I need the full name of the trust, or can I abbreviate the middle initial? (The trust name is my name)
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Instead of this:

WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST
LAS VEGAS NV

I was approved with this:

WJC TRUST
LAS VEGAS NV
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this just dealing with a trust or are you're saying that if I have an LLC named   Bigdog Investments, LLC  that I can't abbreviate to "BI, LLC" ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]

are you're saying that if I have an LLC named Bigdog Investments, LLC that I can't abbreviate to "BI, LLC" ?
You need to use recognized abbreviations, so I don't think "Bigdog Investments" could be abbreviated to "BI".

AT&T (American Telephone and Telegraph) or GMC (General Motors Corporation), on the other hand...
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

So do I need the full name of the trust, or can I abbreviate the middle initial? (The trust name is my name)

What if I set my trust up as  RAL Revocable Living Trust
RAL being my initials, would I still need to spell out my whole name? Or just the name of my trust?

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

What if I set my trust up as  RAL Revocable Living Trust
RAL being my initials, would I still need to spell out my whole name? Or just the name of my trust?

Just the name of the trust because that is the entity that is manufacturing the firearm.  You just happen to be the grantor/trustee of that trust.

Take for example if the name of your trust was "ARFCOM Trust".  You wouldn't engrave your name, you would engrave "ARFCOM Trust".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top