Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:02:08 AM EDT
Well it turns out the lower rear of the frame where the stock would mount is machined so this could never be done, Should I just sell it or keep as pistol?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone, somewhere can always weld it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Those pistols are fairly rare, sell it a buy a new factory SBR Tommy gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Go over to machinegunboards.com
they have one of the best Thompson forums going, some of the personalitys are a little eccentric, but MUCH great Thompson info to be had.
If you want to SBR it someone can probably tell you how.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If yours is one of the new production pistols with a steel frame (not aluminum) then it can definitely be machined to accept the original removable stocks.  There is a company out of Up-State New York (can't rember the name, something like tommyguns.com or thompson.com) who sells a bolt on adaptor that accepts all original removable stocks.  You have to mill a flat spot on the bottom of the receiver and drill and tap two holes.  The same company that sells the adaptor also does the machine work.  I seem to remember the adaptor costing $65 and the machine work at $120.  There is a Thompson Forum that has all the info you could ever want ant the shop advertises there.

Hope this helps,
MadDog

ETA: Those pistols are not rare as my local shop in UT sells a few a week.  I have also seen them in small gun shops in other states.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Who sells a reproduction of the FBI hardcase for an SBR semi-auto Tommy?

Ed

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Auto Ordnance does.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Auto Ordnance does.

No, they sell the replica case sized for a carbine with a detachable buttstock, not for an SBR with detachable buttstock.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help guys,
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, they sell the replica case sized for a carbine with a detachable buttstock, not for an SBR with detachable buttstock.

Ed

Oh, well, then sorry I even bothered.  Good luck on your search.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top