Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:14:20 PM EDT
It looks like my sheriff isn't going to sign off on my paperwork.

Could somebody school me on this?

Tell me how to set one up and everything

I know there is already a thing that tells you how to do it, but it won't let me into it for some reason and just displays an error.

So some help would be more than greatly appreciated =)

PM's are more than welcome

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Use quicken willmaker. the program explains all and does most of the work. The only thing i dont know is if i have to set up a trust with both mine and my wifes name as trustees. I want her to be able to have possesion of the weapons. but i would rather the trust stay in my name.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Use quicken willmaker. the program explains all and does most of the work. The only thing I don't know is if I have to set up a trust with both mine and my wife's name as trustees. I want her to be able to have possession of the weapons. but I would rather the trust stay in my name.

I am in the process of doing this myself. I have my son(he is 8) as the successor trustee. My wife would actually be the trustee since he is not of legal age yet.

To answer the question more directly just have your wife be the successor trustee.

The engraving will have your name on it only. In the unfortunate event you become incapacitated she will then take possession. You dont have to put the trust in both names as the name of the trust. Just put her as a successor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top