Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 8:48:21 PM EDT
Im waiting on my NFA paperwork to come back, but in the mean time I was reading everyones NFA timelines. How in the world do you know what the pending date and the approved dates are if you dont have you paperwork yet. Im getting a little curious where my stuffs at and was wondering if there is a way to check.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If you call (304) 616-4500, they'll let you know the date it went pending.  I wouldn't call unless its been at least 60-70 days.

I'm assuming the approved date is written on the form when you get it back.  If it has been approved when you call, I'm assuming they'll give you both dates (or maybe just the approved date).
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent mine in late in May(check cashed 5/29). I called today and mine was already approved. The guy I talked to didn't sound too thrilled to be there. He didn't tell me when it went pending and I didn't ask.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried to call a little bit late today. Ill give it a shot tomorrow and see what they say. Im itchin to get this thing home.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm assuming the approved date is written on the form when you get it back.  

Correct, it's stamped next to the signature of the examiner.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm assuming the approved date is written on the form when you get it back.  

Correct, it's stamped next to the signature of the examiner.

It should also be stamped across the tax stamp - along with hand written serial number and the examiners initials.

Dan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you call (304) 616-4500, they'll let you know the date it went pending.  I wouldn't call unless its been at least 60-70 days.

I'm assuming the approved date is written on the form when you get it back.  If it has been approved when you call, I'm assuming they'll give you both dates (or maybe just the approved date).

Is giving them my name good enough, or do I need to have the serial #'s when I call? Also according to the timeline thread, people are getting them approved by 60-70 days.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
You need the serial#
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is giving them my name good enough, or do I need to have the serial #'s when I call? Also according to the timeline thread, people are getting them approved by 60-70 days.

Have your serial numbers ready.  They have always asked me for both, presumably to ensure I'm not checking up on random NFA items that I'm not in process for, or deciding I need to know what my neighbor is in process for.

I just sold a can to a guy.  Form 4 was 7 weeks door to door.  This varies by circumstance.  I'll be happy if my current transfers get done in 6 weeks or less, but not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, I'm a newb to this since I sent out my first form 4's in the middle of June.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad I don't have to wait. I make something and then send in the form 2.
I get to play right away.

If you find out who the examiner is that it was assigned to you can speak to them. Tell them who you are what firearm you are asking about and be VERY nice and polite and you might get it done sooner.

My examiner will do my form 3 and 5 transfers same day if I call first before I fax them.   I also have not had to wait more than 3 weeks on a form 4.

JUST BE NICE and FRIENDLY to them it goes a LOOOOONG way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top