Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 7:06:01 PM EDT
Who still makes the small part you can attach to the rear of an AR15 Bolt Carrier that turns it into an M16 Bolt Carrier?

I know Bushmaster sold them at one point but no longer has them.

I ask because I would like to make a Left handed AR15 Carrier an M16 Carrier.

I plan on calling STAG to see if they make an M16 Bolt Carrier for the left handed model. But if they don't, I need another alternative.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahh yes, the infamous "bolt carrier converter", I remember those!  They apparently had problems related to coming loose during firing and they also distorted the rear of the bolt carrier when tightened.  They also might be considered a "conversion part", rather than a "replacement part", which might explain their disappearance, but I don't know this for certain.  You actually have a good reason to get one, but for most other uses they became impractical when M-16 bolt carriers started selling for less than $100.  It would certainly be better to find a LH M-16 carrier, if at all possible.  Next best would be to fabricate and weld a slotted "C"-shaped tripping piece to a LH AR carrier.  Wish I could be more helpful, but good luck with your search.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#2]
No worries, Stag makes a left hand M16 carrier.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad that STAG makes one, will have to call this morning once they open.

My Dept got several of the Gov weapons through the 1033 Program and one of the officers shoots the rifle lefty. I ordered a STAG L but did not think about the carrier, Duh .

Thanks!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top