Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 6:22:42 PM EDT
Am using WillMaker 7 to setup a shared living trust with my wife and the program wants to name it the 'me and her lastname revocable living trust'. The program doesn't provide for the ability to rename the trust but does provide for the document to be exported so that you can rename the trust.

So, since my wife is also a trustee of the trust, could I use a name for the trust such as 'lastname family trust' and use that name on my form 1 and have that engraved on the weapons???

Understand that the ATF doesn't want two name trusts such as the 'me and her lastname revocable living trust'. At least thats what I gathered from reading.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
you can export it to MS word to change the title to whatever you want.  Just make sure the spaces and hash marks stay in the correct place, as Willmaker said something about them being necessary for the legality of the trust IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Understand that the ATF doesn't want two name trusts such as the 'me and her lastname revocable living trust'.

That's news to me.  Where did you read this?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't see how the ATF would have a say. Maybe they would prefer that, but the law is the law.
That's like saying LLC can only be sole proprietor, no partnerships
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Understand that the ATF doesn't want two name trusts such as the 'me and her lastname revocable living trust'.

That's news to me.  Where did you read this?

I didn't have any trouble with mine. It's equivalent to "John & Jane Doe Firearms Trust"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top