Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2007 9:47:48 AM EDT
I have CLEO sign offs form 1's and a form 4.What do they have to do.I thought i read something that they can inherit them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
What if you have your NFA firearms in a Trust where u have specifically distributed ur assets, would the administrator of the trust have to sell the firearms to someone approved/stamp by ATF?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks wdlsguy
Ur ATF link have provided some insight on my question.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What if you want to leave to minor children?  Can you do that if the items are in a trust?   Leave them in the trust until the children reach an age that they can legally receive the NFA items???

Thanks, FH
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What if you want to leave to minor children?  Can you do that if the items are in a trust?   Leave them in the trust until the children reach an age that they can legally receive the NFA items???

Thanks, FH

I am wondering that as well since I would like to leave mine to my children, but they will not be legally able to register them for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, FH

I am wondering that as well since I would like to leave mine to my children, but they will not be legally able to register them for quite awhile.

DH and I are dealing with this now.  If we both die before our children reach the age of majority then everything goes into a trust for their benefit.

Be very, very careful when selecting a trustee as this person or entity controls all of the assets until the beneficiaries reach the age of majority or another age you select (25 years old for our kids).  DH and I each asked a sibling who we trust and who we know to be financially savvy to act as co-trustees, and there are very specific instructions laid out for them on how they can invest, how much can be disbursed and for what reasons, etc.  Otherwise go with an attorney; last resort would be a bank since (I know from experience) they will invest everything in their own poor-performing high-load mutual funds (thanks for nothing you BoA b*st*rds!!!).

We had an attorney draw ours up as if it were not done correctly we didn't want to risk dieing intestate with minor children.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Leave them to heirs? Hell, I'm taking mine with me.

If I can just get them past St. Peter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top