Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:19:50 PM EDT
If i put 10.5 on form 1 and i would like to change to a shorter barrel later say a 7 in
what do i do
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposed to just write a letter to the NFA Branch advising them of the change in description so they can update the registry with the current   barrel length.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If i put 10.5 on form 1 and i would like to change to a shorter barrel later say a 7 in
what do i do

If it is not a "permanent" change, meaning that you still have the 10.5" to go back to, then you HAVE to do nothing.  If you sell the 10.5", and permanently switch to a 7", then the NFA Branch requests a letter notifiying them of the change in configuration.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Write "under 16 inches" and "under 26 inches" for barrel length and overall length, respectively. I did that on mine with no problems. I also wrote in multiple calibers (5.56/9mm/6.8 in case I ever wanted to use a different set up)
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Write "under 16 inches" and "under 26 inches" for barrel length and overall length, respectively. I did that on mine with no problems. I also wrote in multiple calibers (5.56/9mm/6.8 in case I ever wanted to use a different set up)

The Form 1 is for MAKING and making it in more than one caliber, barrel length and AOL is impossible. Being vague like t"less than 16 inches" on the Form 1 is a crap shoot.  Some have had no trouble, like yourself, others have had their applications sent back adding a few weeks to the process.  All depends on who your examiner is and how they feel that day.

List a specific length and caliber as this ALWAYS works.  You may list additional calibers and lengths in 4h, but it's not necessary.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Form 1 is for MAKING and making it in more than one caliber, barrel length and AOL is impossible. Being vague like t"less than 16 inches" on the Form 1 is a crap shoot.  Some have had no trouble, like yourself, others have had their applications sent back adding a few weeks to the process.  All depends on who your examiner is and how they feel that day.

List a specific length and caliber as this ALWAYS works.  You may list additional calibers and lengths in 4h, but it's not necessary.

I used form 1 as well. I've heard rumors of it not working this way, but I've never actually found someone who said it didn't. You are right though, if you just put a specific number, it will work for sure - and as long as the change isn't permanent, you should have no worries either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top