Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
OK...filling out my Form 1 but I have nothing to enter in 4d (model).

My lower receiver was manufactured by LBC and has the following info engraved on it:

4a
LES BAER CUSTOM
HILLSDALE IL USA

4b
SHORT BARRELED RIFLE

4c

4d
<NO MODEL IS LISTED ANYWHERE ON THE RECEIVER>

4e
10.5"

4f

4g
LBR 002XXX

4h
<NO ADDITIONAL DESCRIPTION ANYWHERE ON THE RECEIVER>

4i
ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES

So my question is: would I be rejected if I mailed in my Form 1 without any model being listed? Les Baer does not even refer to any model on their web site - they list what I purchased as "matched upper and lower receiver." Some of the complete rifles they list as AR.223 or Ultimate AR.223 but no real model.

Should I leave 4d blank?

Should I enter "AR-15" in 4d even though there is no model engraved on the receiver?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess would be LBR is the model number and the numbers are the serial number.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My guess would be LBR is the model number and the numbers are the serial number.

Well, that is what I though at first but "LBR 002xxx" is the serial number.

Consider this: if my serial number were 002345 there could exist  NO OTHER firearm with the same serial number per BATF rules and regs. Hence, a unique serial number would be LBR 002345.

So, I am still here without a model to enter on my form 1.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Dave, Tony, thanks a million for the answer.

Me...overthink the issue...why does EVERYONE always tell me this...I need to think about this for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
They are not required to give it a model designation. No idea what would be best to put on the form.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top