Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2006 5:34:07 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm filling out my Form 1 and was wondering how to fill in the overall length question.  I'm planning on building a 10.5" SBR with a CAR collapsible stock.

Could anyone please tell me the overall length of an AR with a 10.5" barrel (with A2 flash suppressor) and four-position CAR stock?  Is the OAL regarded with the stock extended or closed?

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Stock extended.
 On AR's, the bolt face is approximately even with the front edge of the upper, so figuring the OAL is pretty easy.
If you have the stock installed, measure from the front edge of the upper receiver to the rearmost part of the extended stock.  Add the barrel length to that to get your OAL.

NOTE: With colt style 9mm's the bolt stops at the "barrel extension," so subtract a half inch from you're upper-to-stock measurement.

I don't know how much difference there is from one collapsible stock to another.  My SBR (RRA 6-pos.) measures 19" upper-to-stock, so you're 10.5" would make it 29.5" OAL.  Like I said, your stock may measure slightly longer or shorter, so don't go by mine.  That was just an example.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt says their 11.5" carbine is 30", so I would say 29" for your 10.5" carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top