Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 11:27:12 PM EDT
I don't see myself buying one of these, as the price is so high, but I just can't see how they would work. An M16 is pretty intuitive, but how can you drop in a trigger pack and have a 10/22 be automatic? I have disassembled my 10/22s many times and I just don't see it working, what am I missing?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a web site that detailed the inner workings Norrell's trigger pack, but I think it's now completely gone as my link is dead.

pic courtesy of Autoweapons.com
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
1) That pic helps because now I know there is a bolt involved as well.

2) 10 Grand for that? You have got to be kidding me. How can there be such a market for that when there are AM180s? Or ar AM180s a bit more than I was thinking.

Thanks,
Rick
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
i dont suppose you happened to save any of the info off the site, did you?

id really like to know how they managed to get it to work so reliably, that cartridge mustve made it really tricky. id also like to see how that bolt works. i came up with a method in my head that kind of copied the AK fcg, so id like to see how this compares.

has anyone gotten a chance to shoot one? i'd love to give it a shot (no pun intended) someday, but i have yet to meet anyone who owns one and im not about to dish out a minimum $5k for my own...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#4]
One of my shooting cronies has owned a Norrell pack for several years and it's truely a work of art, shoots like a dreamn and, ever skips a beat.

If you have access to Volume 6, Issues 1 & 2 (Oct/Nov 2002) of Small Arms Review, there are detailed articles on Norrell's conversions.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I will have mine at the JBTrading MG shoot in Arkansas in May.
CP
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Those people who pay the 10K for a Ruger 10-22 must know something you don't about the AM180.

And what would that be?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both the Norrell 10/22 and the AM180.  They're different animals.  The AM180 is pure fun, dumping a 275 round drum is an unmatched pleasure.  However, they're finicky, ammo sensitive, hard to load, and cumbersome to hold.

The Norrell 10/22 is a serious weapon, it works flawlessly, even though mag capacity is limited I would rely on a 10/22 for defense or hunting purposes.  The 10/22 is also the most accessorizable platform out there.  And don't forget the 10/22 is about as unthreatening looking a gun out there.

So, they have their pros and cons, and they cost about the same these days.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have both the Norrell 10/22 and the AM180.  They're different animals.  The AM180 is pure fun, dumping a 275 round drum is an unmatched pleasure.  However, they're finicky, ammo sensitive, hard to load, and cumbersome to hold.

The Norrell 10/22 is a serious weapon, it works flawlessly, even though mag capacity is limited I would rely on a 10/22 for defense or hunting purposes.  The 10/22 is also the most accessorizable platform out there.  And don't forget the 10/22 is about as unthreatening looking a gun out there.

So, they have their pros and cons, and they cost about the same these days.

Which part of the Norrell pack is registered?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Inside the pack is a registered sear.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]
It's quite simple, Alot like a HK sear. Hammer has an extra shelf, sear -extra pin hole - catches on it until bolt closes -with antibounce weight - once bolt closes sear lets hammer fall. Trigger -botton style- semi ,like any 10/22, fullauto ,move finger up on trigger, pull moves disconnector out of the way and VIOLA. K.I.S.S.  Hope this helps Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top