Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:29:16 PM EDT
I emailed Keltec about this, but figured I'd ask anyways while waiting for a response.

Can keltec, register the PLR-16 as a AOW at manufacture and ship it with a foregrip and have the transfer tax only be $5?  Or do I have to buy it and do the AOW on a form 1?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
As a manufacturer, a weapon can be made or altered and shipped as an AOW. They register it and ship it along. If you own the weapon, send it to a manufacturer and have them do the work and register it, you save the 200.00 making tax, as a manufacturer, they pay thier SOT for a year with unlimited weapons, no form 1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They would need to hold the correct SOT also... I think it's an 02 manufacturer, which is a NFA manufacturer.   They may only be a manufacturer of Title I firearms (I think type 07 ?).  If that's the case, even they would need to file a Form 1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They would need to hold the correct SOT also... I think it's an 02 manufacturer, which is a NFA manufacturer.   They may only be a manufacturer of Title I firearms (I think type 07 ?).  If that's the case, even they would need to file a Form 1.

I'm reasonably certain they have the 02 because they make an SBR SU-16 (the SU-16D, with 9" and 12" barrel)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm fairly certain that a KelTec PLR16 can not be registered as an AOW.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm fairly certain that a KelTec PLR16 can not be registered as an AOW.

care to explain why?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You know what, I was typing a response and it dawned on me, the PLR is their new pistol.  I was thinking of the SU-16.  Never mind, it can be registered as an AOW.  Now, whether or not they'll do it is another question.  You may have to register it yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top