Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 11:04:52 AM EDT
It's just a shorter barrel

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
One of life's great mysteries, I reckon......  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
The old timeless classic of.........."You pay more for less."
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
One reason might be the fact that you're still saving at least $45.  

If you register a Cruiser, you pay $200 for the manufacturing tax stamp, plus the gunsmith work to cut the bbl and mag tube, as necessary.

If you buy a previously registered AOW, you only pay a $5 transfer tax, and the bbl and mag tube should already be shortened.

So, you can pay either $155 or at least $200, it's your choice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you register a Cruiser, you pay $200 for the manufacturing tax stamp, plus the gunsmith work to cut the bbl and mag tube, as necessary.

If you buy a previously registered AOW, you only pay a $5 transfer tax, and the bbl and mag tube should already be shortened.

but its a factory gun for sale to LE, so gunsmithing and taxes don't apply
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I kicked that logic around too, but it didn't make sense to me, so I opted for "one of lifes great mysteries".
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but its a factory gun for sale to LE, so gunsmithing and taxes don't apply

I guess Mossberg is passing on the $200 back to the buyer in the form of it's higher price.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess Mossberg is passing on the $200 back to the buyer in the form of it's higher price.

Mossberg doesn't have to pay the $200 NFA tax to build it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The probably make less of them, so they cost more.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The probably make less of them, so they cost more.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top