Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 3:22:04 PM EDT
I have tried the factory spring, and 2 aftermarket springs, at 15 and 13 pounds. I have also tried regular rounds along with the hotter stuff. If someone has any advice on how to make the Glock cycle with the suppressor on it, I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have no problems running my Evo-9 on my G19.  I'm using a KKM barrel.  I forgot what kind of can you are using.  We can try swapping cans and pistols this weekend though.

Mark

I'm using an Advanced Armament Tactical .45. I am using a Jarvis (?) barrel. The weapon cycles fine without the can. What time/day for this weekend?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You have an IM.  hinking

It fires; sometimes it would eject the casing but not load the new round in, but most of the other times the casing would be caught between the back of the barrel and the slide. The usual ammo used is the Win (= cheap target stuff) from Walmart.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I've heard, if the can is too heavy, the gun may not cycle properly.  There is a device (called a LID) I think.  (Neilsen Device) that somehow increases the impulse to allow the slide to cycle properly.

I'm sure you don't want to buy another can, but Gem-Tech makes a new can, called the Blackside that is supposed to be light enough that a LID is not needed...

ETA:  Advanced Armament has a good description of the theory:

A.S.A.P. stands for Assured Semi Automatic Performance. The A.S.A.P. System is a product improved Nielsen device used in the Evolution Series silencers that allows Browning style host firearms (Glocks, Sigs, H&K USP's, etc.) to cycle reliably. The A.S.A.P. System is comprised of a precision-machined piston, piston bore, spring, and rear cap. It enables traditionally recalcitrant Browning inspired handgun designs to cycle reliably by temporarily relieving the pistol of the weight-burden of the silencer. Upon firing, high-pressure gases enter the silencer and propel it forward against the tension of the A.S.A.P System spring. While the majority of the silencers weight is in this "floating" condition, the host weapon's firing cycle is able to proceed unhampered. The spring within the A.S.A.P System returns the silencer to its unfired state, ready for subsequent shots. This sequence of events takes place so rapidly, the shooter is unaware it has occurred.

The Nielsen devices used by a number of manufacturers are separate modules attached to an existing muzzle silencer. The Recoil Regulator sold by AWC Systems Technology for their Abraxxas and the L.I.D. used by Gemtech for their Trinity are examples of accessory module Nielsen devices. Whereas this ads a level of convenience to the end user, it is a compromise because most silencers equipped with an accessory module Nielsen device lose sound suppression efficiency when compared to the same silencer without a Nielsen device attached. The A.S.A.P. System used in the Evolution Series is fully integrated into the design. This integration enables the Evolution Series to deliver uncompromising, world-class sound suppression in a compact, lightweight envelope.

Oops!  Just checked the site again:  It says the Tactical model is designed to work with the Glock 21.  I would give them a call and see what they say...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I've been meaning to contact them. I've never heard of that device, and will definitely check into it.  Thanks for the advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top