Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:26:23 AM EDT
THe F2000 is supposed to have a bunch of snap on modules made for it one of them being a 12gauge "5 shot" shot gun module according to the FN website.  However, I absolutely cannot find any pics of one on the internet.  I want a F2000 w/ said shotgun module so bad I can taste it, but I don't know how I will go about getting one.  I put it on this board b/c I assume it will have to be a NFA weapon to fit below the barrel of the FS2000.

I have always had a hard on for having a 12 guage under my rifle barrel like the big indian did in predator, but I am not as big as him and all that weight is hard to swing and point quickly, but w/ a bull pup the weight is at a shorter radius and thus easier to swing so It will be practicle enough.  

Can anyone tell me about pricing and avialability?  Can anyone tell me what kind of shotgun this thing is built on or post any pics or links???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were to guess, I'd say it's going to look similar to the line drawing in this pic (bottom right).

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent an email to the reginal FN sales manager, but I kind of doubt he'll give me a satisfactory response.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
reply w/ info you bitches!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
THe F2000 is supposed to have a bunch of snap on modules made for it one of them being a 12gauge "5 shot" shot gun module according to the FN website.  However, I absolutely cannot find any pics of one on the internet.  I want a F2000 w/ said shotgun module so bad I can taste it, but I don't know how I will go about getting one.  I put it on this board b/c I assume it will have to be a NFA weapon to fit below the barrel of the FS2000.

I have always had a hard on for having a 12 guage under my rifle barrel like the big indian did in predator, but I am not as big as him and all that weight is hard to swing and point quickly, but w/ a bull pup the weight is at a shorter radius and thus easier to swing so It will be practicle enough.  

Can anyone tell me about pricing and avialability?  Can anyone tell me what kind of shotgun this thing is built on or post any pics or links???

That guy's supposed to be big?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember the big Indian in Predator.  He was like 6'5'' and shit.  Well he seemed big to me when I was a kid.  

Well I got a reply from FN about the shotgun module.  It is below.

On Tuesday, February 28, 2006, at 07:04AM, Ken Flood <[email protected]> wrote:

>We do not have these in production yet.  It might be a while before we do.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxx]
> Sent: Mon 2/27/2006 12:14 PM
> To: Ken xxx
> Cc:
> Subject: FS2000 Shotgun Module
>
>
>
> I have a FS2000 pre-ordered and I am very interested in getting the  12gauge shotgun module for it.  I am a civilian and I realize that this is probably a class 3 NFA weapon and what it would require to obtain one, but I do live in FL and can possess one here when properly registered w/ the ATF.
>
> Please reply and let me know the pricing and Class 3 distribution channels this will be going through.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Beau xxx
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I am going to reply to the email and find out at what stage of preproduction they are in.  

Putting it in sales literature, actually designing a prototype, having a prototype, alpha testing, revision, beta testing, looking for vendors to manufacture parts.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
That dude is not 6' 5", maybe 6' tops...
Arnold ain't no 6' 2" either.

I happen to be 6' 4", 225 myself.

But I'm interested in that shotgun module too!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#8]
If interested in the shotgun module, contacting FN direct-USA- will give you a good estimate on production, but do not expect it soon. I have been waiting for the F2000 for over a year, but they are not being imported due to other countries receiving them before the US. The shotgun module will be NFA registered and might not be fitted to the FS2000 due to a longer barrel and less demand to attach to semiauto and full auto.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I am really excited about the F2000, I think, in terms of features and handling, it is the best assault rifle on the market.  Notice I said assault rifle not battle rifle for it is only a medium power cartridge platform, but anyway, I am real excietd about it and real excited about getting a shotty to go under the barrel.  maybe if they never come out w/ a shotgun module for sale to the cvilian market, a guy could have some sort of 870, or whatever, DOD attached to the gun.  I havn't got any good larage pics of the gun w/o its front handguard snapped on.  Anyway, I got an email from the dude aain and here sis his respose.  

I honestly have no idea and I doubt we will offer them here because we won't be selling a bunch of F-2000's to LE.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed 3/1/2006 12:40 PM
To: Ken Flood
Cc:
Subject: RE: FS2000 Shotgun Module

Mr Flood,
what stage of pre-production are you in? Do you have a prototype, are you alpha or beta testing, are you looking for vendors to manufacture parts?

On Tuesday, February 28, 2006, at 07:04AM, Ken Flood <[email protected]> wrote:

>We do not have these in production yet.  It might be a while before we do.
>
>       -----Original Message-----
>       From: Mahlon Theobald [mailto:[email protected]]
>       Sent: Mon 2/27/2006 12:14 PM
>       To: Ken Flood
>       Cc:
>       Subject: FS2000 Shotgun Module
>      
>      
>
>       I have a FS2000 pre-ordered and I am very interested in getting the  12gauge shotgun module for it.  I am a civilian and I realize that this is probably a class 3 NFA weapon and what it would require to obtain one, but I do live in FL and can possess one here when properly registered w/ the ATF.
>      
>       Please reply and let me know the pricing and Class 3 distribution channels this will be going through.
>      
>       Thank You,
>      
>       Beau Theobald
>      
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

FN USA discussed the shotgun module several years ago, the result was NO module in a shotgun mode. They are not planning to produce it at all. This information is from FN USA, the same person I have ordered the F2000 tactical weapon system from. Sorry for the news, I would also have liked it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]
But that does not mean that the aftermarket cannot make one.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
But that does not mean that the aftermarket cannot make one.  

True.....FN will not produce it, the F2000 TACTICAL version full auto, has the 1913 picanny rails on top for sights and optional sight mounts and 1913 rails around the front hand guard for attachments, such as after market shotgun. The F2000(not tactical) has the ergonomic fore grip and scope versions(2), are not being brought into the country, at least for a long time. The tactical is here but mounting a shotgun will need some engineering. The f2000 tactical will accept the other optional attachments, like the f2000, but getting the attachments take time to get from FN Belgium. Do not hold your breath! As for the semi auto FS2000, I am not sure. They are making the PS90 very similiar to the full auto version(P90), hopefully they will make the FS2000 similiar to the full auto and attachments could be had. The F2000 scope attachments were made poorly with a light alloy. If you want a shotgun mounted under the F2000 model or FS2000 semi you will probably need to have it made, very few F2000 and FS2000 are out and probably be very few and to produce a shotgun attachment for this gun would not be a good seller and probably very costly.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top