Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 3:53:52 PM EDT
I am in the process of filing papers for an LLC to start buying my Class 3 goodies.  What does the ATF need as proof there is an LLC?  Do most states give a certificate or what would I need to do?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Most give a certificate. Also most secretary of state websites have a searchable database the ATF can look in to verify your LLC's existence. The ATF does not require you to send proof of existence.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would submit your Form 4 without any proof of existence.  ATF generally doesn't require it, and if they do for some reason request it, the delay won't be great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that your LLC "owns" whatever you are buying, and if the corp. ever goes away you would need to transfer the item prior to dissolving the corp.  BTW this is based on info from Az. and like they say, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Keep in mind that your LLC "owns" whatever you are buying, and if the corp. ever goes away you would need to transfer the item prior to dissolving the corp.  BTW this is based on info from Az. and like they say, YMMV.

Not that you would ever have a reason to dissolve it. Also, LLC stands for Limited Liability Company, not Corporation. Just for the sake of clarity.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
For the sake of clarity, it's LLCorporation in any of the states I've looked into.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a "s" corp, and I don't ever plan on that going away, but as I look around me I see a hell of a lot that I didn't plan on either.  You wake up, do your best, and try again tomorrow.  It may just be me, but I would rather that my toys belonged to me, vs. a virtual person like a Corp.  And if you don't think it might ever have to go away, consider the tax codes.  Travel with me to a world turned upside down , cats and dogs sleeping together, and Queen Hillary running things.  Think they might try and rewrite things a tad?  All in the name of public safety of course.  Damn, now I scared myself!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top