Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 11:15:32 AM EDT
I want to start a SBR project. Can I just register a stripped lower? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'm off to order my lower.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
And fill out your paper correct, I am now off to the Sheriif, with two copies of a freshly made double sided form 1 as the original I sent to ATF was on 2 pieces of paper, so I get to wait another week for sheriff to do his thing and then send back to the ATF , so I can actually start the official wait...

I originally sent the paper to ATF on 10 Nov, it is now Jan 19. Will be mid March at the earliest before I get approval, then I have to send the gun off (HK94->MP5 conversion ) for smithing. figure another 2 months at least.

So, proper paperwork pays off. Just sharing my experience as a an example of what not paying attention gets you... frustrated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
correct, alot of fokes DON'T know that... the first time is always the hardest...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I want to start a SBR project.

Good for you and enjoy.    

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And fill out your paper correct, I am now off to the Sheriif, with two copies of a freshly made double sided form 1 as the original I sent to ATF was on 2 pieces of paper, so I get to wait another week for sheriff to do his thing and then send back to the ATF , so I can actually start the official wait...

I originally sent the paper to ATF on 10 Nov, it is now Jan 19. Will be mid March at the earliest before I get approval, then I have to send the gun off (HK94->MP5 conversion ) for smithing. figure another 2 months at least.

So, proper paperwork pays off. Just sharing my experience as a an example of what not paying attention gets you... frustrated.

Can't you just take that paper (that has the sheriff's signature), and run it through your printer (on the blank side) to make it a double sided form? Save yourself another trip to the sheriff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Also, you can go ahead and send your lower off to the engraver so it's ready to go when the paperwork comes back!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
What happens when you send your lower off to get ingraved and your form comes back denied?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I guess you've got a lower with your name, city and state on it?  Course if that happens, and it is'nt due to state or local law, then you might be gettin' a visit from the local Alcohol, Tobacco and Flame thrower unit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Any place in particular that the engraving needs to be placed ? Mine is going to cost a fortune!
I guess since it is a living trust it must be the trust name not my name so the official name would be
"Living Trust of XXX and YYY" plus name and state. That is a LOT of writing on a AR lower wondering where the heck it would fit and still maintain the ATF size requirement!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]
What are the requirements? What size does it have to be? I just sent my form 1 off last week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top