Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 12:44:18 PM EDT
My older brother is set on getting an M16. He knows a Class III dealer, and from what I understand, there were doctors and such that were buying Class III weapons for "investments". They had a good resale value plus they would'nt lose money on them. Even if the people buying them went through the necessary paperwork, I thought only a Class III dealer could only transfer to another Class III dealer and not sell anything like that to a civilian. I have heard of suppressors have been done like that if the person buying had done the tax stamp and all..but an automatic weapon?

Ken
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, civilians (non-LE/MIL/SOT or Class III dealers) may own "transferrable" MG's: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=190110

I believe that NC has some additional requirements for civilian MG ownership.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe that NC has some additional requirements for civilian MG ownership.

Correct.

ken3983, assuming that your brother lives in North Carolina as well, you might want to read the following thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=191742
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top